General help files
Once you have purchased your Ecommerce Template and downloaded the zip file, you will probably want to start seeing how things work straightaway. We do have lots of help docs available on the site but the guide below should give you the basics to setting things up.Getting started with your Ecommerce Templates
- Unzip the download file to the location on your hard drive where you want to work from.
- Open your HTML editor and browse to where you unzipped the file to.
- Publish all the files and folders to your host server, either through the HTML program or the FTP utility of your choice.
- Set the database connection in the file vsadmin/db_conn_open.asp or db_conn_open.php
ASP Database connection help
PHP Database connection help
- Open your browser and type in the address of you control panel, this will typically be www.yourstoreurl.com/vsadmin/login.asp or login.php
- Enter the default user name mystore and password changeme
- Familiarize yourself with the control panel pages, maybe adding a couple of new categories and products and then viewing them on your store at www.yourstoreurl.com/categories.asp or categories.php
You can now start setting up your store either by making the design changes you need in your HTML editor or working from the control panel to configure your products, shipping, tax, payment methods etc.
We have a very large number of help files, tutorials and support. These can all be found on our main site, following the links below