New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mcrider
Advanced Member

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  13:12  Show Profile
Greetings, I'm using ECT within Joomla 1.5. We're currently loading the cart and products within a frame. Everything has been working fine until recently. Now, in IE when a user goes to checkout using PayPal we get an error page open within the frame that says "This content cannot be displayed in a frame" I've also tried in Chrome and the checkout link doesn't even open that page up. Is this perhaps a new change with PayPal? Is there a recommended way around this?

http://www.horizons-blind.org
click on "product catalog" link

Thanks!

Matt
Trinity Web Design
www.mytrinityweb.com

Andy
Administrator

73684 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  13:21  Show Profile
Hi Matt

I saw this come up yesterday with a site using Paypal so I assume they have made a change there. I'm not familiar with how you've set that up but is it not possible to break out of the frame for the cart page / checkout?

Andy

Ecommerce templates

ECT newsletter
ECT hosting suggestions

Dreamweaver templates

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google + and YouTube

Go to Top of Page

mcrider
Advanced Member

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  09:50  Show Profile
Thanks Andy, we were hoping to find a way to do it without breaking out of frames but, after looking around I think that's the only way to go. Now we're trying to find the area in the cart.php that we can change to open a new window upon checkout.

Matt
Trinity Web Design
www.mytrinityweb.com
Go to Top of Page

jenny
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/26/2012 :  03:24  Show Profile
The ability to open PayPal in a new window is essential for us. We are using Joomla 2.5.4, and we're also getting the error ""This content cannot be displayed in a frame." I see the PayPal code with an onclick= instruction. What do I add to the code to force open a new window?

This is the last step in our integration; will opening a new window cause further problems? Will PayPal return the buyer to our site for the download?

Please advise, and thank you,

Toolie the Tech Gal
for Jenny Friend
Go to Top of Page

Sinbad
Administrator

USA
56901 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2012 :  09:20  Show Profile
Hi like Andy mentioned above its best to create a page for the cart outside of Joomla and since you are using digital download I would also recommend that you create the thanks and latedownload page separately too.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates
Go to Top of Page

jenny
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/26/2012 :  14:23  Show Profile
So in other words, it is not possible to use Ecommerce Templates within Joomla? The whole point of using Joomla is that we wanted to insist that buyers register and log in because they have to sign a disclaimer.

Isn't there some way to add an instruction here to open in a new window (I removed the angle brackets)?

input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_xpressCheckoutsm.gif" onclick="document.forms.checkoutform.cart.value='';document.forms.checkoutform.mode.value='paypalexpress1';" alt="PayPal Express"
Go to Top of Page

Sinbad
Administrator

USA
56901 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2012 :  15:07  Show Profile
Hi Jenny, I see you have already been through all the post on integrating ECT with Joomla http://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=88614 and that's really all the information that we have on it. Iframes and cookies can be problematic I really don't think it's possible to use onclick="open_win()" it would be best to create the cart page outside of the joomla iframe.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2013 ecommercetemplates.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000