greatmusicproducts
Advanced Member

USA
123 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  15:10  Show Profile
Hello,

We are runing version 6.3.1 and two days ago we started getting these emails from paypal that say:

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://www.greatmusicproductsonline.com/vsadmin/ppconfirm.asp

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

-----
We did not change anything at paypal or at the site so not sure why we are getting this notification. I checked and it appears to me we have the IPN response URL correct, anyone know why we are getting emails daily from paypal about this? I also contacted our webhost but they just referred us to the paypal system help files.

Thanks,
Rick

rlafave

Sinbad
Administrator

USA
58694 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  15:21  Show Profile
Hi Rick, in the admin view orders are the orders showing up with authorization code or NO IPN ?

Winners never quit, quitters never win
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates
Go to Top of Page

greatmusicproducts
Advanced Member

USA
123 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  16:48  Show Profile
We have not had any Paypal orders. Thats what is so strange is why all of a sudden we are getting this notice from Paypal. I do see two orders that never went trhough a few weeks ago and there is no authorization code and they are in red, we just assumed the buyers back out at the last mintue. The notice from paypal started on 10-20-13 over the weekend while we were closed but no paypal order at all on the site this weekend.

rlafave
Go to Top of Page

Sinbad
Administrator

USA
58694 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  16:50  Show Profile
Hi can you try running through a test order to make sure customers are not getting any errors when checking out on th site.

Go to Top of Page

greatmusicproducts
Advanced Member

USA
123 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  16:55  Show Profile
We have a customer on 10-2-13 who's paypal order went through fine, we have not made ANY adjustments to the site or paypal settings in a long long time.

rlafave
Go to Top of Page

greatmusicproducts
Advanced Member

USA
123 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  16:57  Show Profile
PS I never could figure out how to use paypal sandbox and when I try to do an order myself it tells me because I am the seller I can't continue with the purchase via paypal..

rlafave
Go to Top of Page

Sinbad
Administrator

USA
58694 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  17:23  Show Profile
Hi its also possible that Paypal was trying to send the IPN on a previous order and was unable to at the time due to either the webserver not being available or some other glitch during the transmission.

Go to Top of Page

greatmusicproducts
Advanced Member

USA
123 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  17:31  Show Profile
The email from paypal has come the last 3 days at 1:04 am in the morning. They are saying if we don't get it fix they will disable IPN, not sure what that means and again very confused as to why we are getting this email all of a sudden...

rlafave
Go to Top of Page

Sinbad
Administrator

USA
58694 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  17:33  Show Profile
Hi can you give Paypal a call and let them know that this has been working and all of a sudden you are now getting these emails. They should be able to check the account and let you know.

Go to Top of Page

greatmusicproducts
Advanced Member

USA
123 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/25/2013 :  11:38  Show Profile
I called Paypal and of course they said I had to file a ticket, which I did. Yesterday we received a paypal order and it went through fine and shows as authorized and at 1:04 in the morning got another paypal IPN warning. Didn't get any warning the last few days up until last night. I see others are getting this email also so I can assume it is not just us having the issue. Paypal has not responded back to my ticket yet.

rlafave
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Administrator

76273 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2013 :  12:01  Show Profile
I get the feeling PayPal are having problems with false positives but do let us know when you hear back from them - you certainly don't want to change anything at this stage anyway.

Andy

Please review our software and services

ECT newsletter
ECT hosting suggestions

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google + and YouTube

Go to Top of Page

tgorski
Advanced Member

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2013 :  14:28  Show Profile
My client has also reported the same problem this morning, but has no orders for today.

Previous orders (mid month and earlier) were authenticated without issue.

Looking forward to something I can share with the client! ;-)

Tim Gorski
Go to Top of Page

greatmusicproducts
Advanced Member

USA
123 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/29/2013 :  12:29  Show Profile
Paypal never contacted me back after I had submitted a ticket so I called them again today. They weren't very helpful at all and said we needed to check everything and I told them we already had and her best answer was to ignore those emails. We are processing paypal orders correctly so at this point I guess we will just ignore the emails, if anyone here finds anything out please let us know.

rlafave
Go to Top of Page

TequilaMockingbird
Advanced Member

326 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/02/2013 :  14:26  Show Profile
I, too, have begun getting the 1:04 AM warning e-mails from Paypal - two days in a row now, even though Paypal transactions are processing just fine. I'm running 6.3.1, just did the update and really don't want to update again, since I JUST paid $50 to have my custom mods merged with the 6.3.1 update.
Go to Top of Page

Sinbad
Administrator

USA
58694 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2013 :  14:41  Show Profile
Hi can you let us know if you also sell on ebay, as that maybe why these emails are being generated.

Go to Top of Page

greatmusicproducts
Advanced Member

USA
123 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/02/2013 :  15:01  Show Profile
We are still getting them also but orders are processing fine. We spoke to Paypal and they said as long as everything was running fine not to worry about it, they said they could not disengage those emails. We received one last night also. We are just ignoring them at this point, just another distraction we have to deal with during the holiday rush. :-( Paypal did not indicate this had anything to do with Ebay, only our website.

rlafave
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2014 ecommercetemplates.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000