Page: of 3

motorcycletunes@aol.com
Advanced Member

USA
360 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  15:19:09  
i am switching to gmail, and was trying to update the info for the main settings
I changed to gmail for my email, so I'm trying to make the email changes within the admin
> i have the below settings, and cannot get it to work. my gmail is motorcycletunes@gmail.com
on my host (hostek) i have orders@motorcycletunes.com set to forward to my gmail motorcycletunes@gmail.com
>
> for the email address - orders@motorcycletunes.com
> email object (selected CDO)
> SMTP Server - smtp.gmail.com
> username sales@motorcycletunes.com
> password (my password for sales@motorcycletunes.com)

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  15:21:55  
Hi if you are using a forward then you would not set gmail as the smtp, you would use the hostek settings and once the email hits the hostek server it will forward to the gmail.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

motorcycletunes@aol.com
Advanced Member

USA
360 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  16:31:13  
i contacted Hostek and they said,

The connection information you are using is incorrect in order to send from gmail. You will need to update the SMTP server to a server that gmail states to use for SMTP, you will need to contact them regarding this. The usename you will use is your gmail account motorcycletunes@gmail.com and the password for this gmail account.

so now i've got it set as

The email address to which confirmation emails should be sent.
Email address: orders@motorcycletunes.com

Email object: NONE

SMTP Server:

Username: motorcycletunes@gmail.com

Password: XXXXXX

it doesn't appear to be working still

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  17:24:30  
Hi you can set that up as outlined below, once you get it working then you can remove the forward that is setup in the hostek email account.

Gmail Business email users: In the main admin settings page use the following

Email Confirmation: checked
Email address:"you@yourdomain.com
Email Object: CDO
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
Username: your gmail business email
Password: your gmail password

and then add this to vsadmin/includes.asp

smtpserverport=465
smtpusessl=TRUE

motorcycletunes@aol.com
Advanced Member

USA
360 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  18:03:26  
i believe i have those updated, and still not working.
will updating this also the Ask A Question, cause that's how i've been testing the email up to this point, hopefully these two are the same, ha ha

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2017 :  03:27:08  
I would enable email as a payment method and run through a test order. What I do for testing is give myself an account with a login level of 1 for example and then restrict email payments to people with that login level. That way you can test away without anyone seeing that on checkout.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

motorcycletunes@aol.com
Advanced Member

USA
360 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/07/2017 :  12:03:26  
i did a test and didn't get the emai. if you want to test it, there is a FOR TESTING ONLY option under the payments that is setup with email.
it has an option on the email to put in the email address which i put in motorcycletunes@gmail.com

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2017 :  12:25:03  
I tested and didn't get an email. Can you pass on the settings you are using to Hostek to check with them that those are the ones they are happy with?

Andy

motorcycletunes@aol.com
Advanced Member

USA
360 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/07/2017 :  14:24:41  
i talked to hostek yesterday and they said

The connection information you are using is incorrect in order to send from gmail. You will need to update the SMTP server to a server that gmail states to use for SMTP, you will need to contact them regarding this. The usename you will use is your gmail account motorcycletunes@gmail.com and the password for this gmail account.

i wasn't sure what i should ask them

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2017 :  04:14:54  
What do you currently have as I'm pretty sure that should be

smtp.gmail.com

Andy

motorcycletunes@aol.com
Advanced Member

USA
360 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/08/2017 :  11:26:02  
ok, they said it should be smtp.gmail.com so that part is correct but it still isn't working

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2017 :  13:33:15  
To be honest the rest of your settings look fine to me. Can Hostek tell you which of them is not correct?

Andy

motorcycletunes@aol.com
Advanced Member

USA
360 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/08/2017 :  19:39:31  
i heard back from Hostek, and they said the below. I changed that setting on Gmail to make it less secure and it still is not working

If the orders@motocycletunes.com are receiving correctly, but the gmail is not working correctly you will need to contact the theme developer or check your settings on gmail. I know there is an option within gmail to allow less secure apps to access your account. This could possibly be the issue, but cannot give a guarantee on that. I have included a link to google's documentation on this.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2017 :  02:40:33  
I don't think that is relevant here but I'll ask if there's anything else that might need changing on the Gmail side - I'm not sure there is though.

Do you definitely have this in vsadmin/includes.asp

smtpserverport=465
smtpusessl=TRUE

Andy

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2017 :  04:39:45  
Hi there
Is this email then "sales AT motorcycletunes DOT com" not a Gmail email address? If not then this isn't going to work. If you want to send to your motorcycletunes AT gmail DOT com address then why not enter that usename and password?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

motorcycletunes@aol.com
Advanced Member

USA
360 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/09/2017 :  11:47:04  
ok, i have the email address setup as orders@motorcycletunes.com
CDO
smtp mail4.hostek.com
username orders@motorcycletunes.com
password (for orders@motorcycletunes.com)

i have google fetch setup to open the email for orders@motorcycletunes.com, i sent an email to that address and received it on my google account, so that part is working.

The part that is not working, is i'm not getting an email notification of any orders, or an email on the customer side that an order was placed.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2017 :  14:00:57  
Hi can you try changing the email address in the admin main settings to your gmail address and that should do it.

motorcycletunes@aol.com
Advanced Member

USA
360 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/10/2017 :  10:37:04  
I got back with hostek, they said basically there were two different ways to do the email setup
have it sent to orders@motorcycletunes.com and then forward that to my gmail motorcycletunes@gmail.com
of
have it sent to orders@motorcycletunes.com and have gmail fetch it to my gmail motorcycletunes@gmail.com

Hostek sent this message to me.

If you are going to have the emails authenticate through the mail server at mail.motorcycletunes.com then you will want to send from like your sales to orders and setup either the forward within the orders account settings to forward to your gmail and you could either forward on delete or keep copies on the orders as well. If you dont set the forward setting then you will want to connect with IMAP or POP from your gmail account to sync the emails of the orders over to retrieve them.

Additionally you could send through the webserver instead of the mail server by not authenticating the emails and sending through smtpmailer.hostek.net to the specified email address.

motorcycletunes@aol.com
Advanced Member

USA
360 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/12/2017 :  09:44:31  
i tried the hostek setup and it still isn't working,
it doesn't matter to me if the mail goes to my hostek server email and then i can setup gmail to fetch it from there
or
if it is setup to send direct to my gmail account

all the notes i found in the forum speak about gmail for business, i just use the personal gmail not the gmail not sure if that makes a difference

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2017 :  04:38:40  
If you are sending the email to the hostek email server then this is really just how you had it before, no?
But if you do want to send to GMail as I know there is no difference between a personal and business GMail setup. But what you can try is make the settings for GMail and add this parameter to your includes.asp file...
debugmode=TRUE
That will display any error message when you send an email rather than just carrying on silently.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

motorcycletunes@aol.com
Advanced Member

USA
360 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/14/2017 :  22:49:35  
I've kind of juggled between two different methods so much I'm not sure which setting I should have. I'd like to do the google method since yall know how that should be working.

for my email address i want it sent to motorcycletunes@gmail.com, would i put that there and then
smtp.gmail.com
motorcycletunes@gmail.com
Password for motorcycletunes@gmail.com

i added the debugg and uploaded it, and when I tried with the above setting i got this message

Thank you
POST parameters
GET parameters

I'm so sorry about all the confusion on my part but i'm in it to fix it now.
Page: of 3 « Topic »  
Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000