Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site

All Forums
 General
 Site Critiques
 Had to Rebrand My Site what do you think?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic   

evolutionweed

USA
58 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/10/2019 :  21:18:30  
So way back in April of 2017 I proudly completed [url]www.evolutionweed.com[/url]. It's on a 301 redirect, but if you want to see it try [url]www.old.evolutionweed.com[/url] for a semi working version.

Here is the forbidden logo:

[img]https://old.evolutionweed.com/images/logoect.png[/img]

Banks all choked on the name, and (gasp) the logo with some sativa leaves in it.....

It took two more years to get [url]www.neovapeshop.com[/url] through all the hurdles and with a merchant account. Had to pull most of the glassware, put a "I am over 21" splash page in, and totally remove some of the forbidden words.

It's live now, I am refreshing the product line.

Many thanks to:
Andy who did the relaunch of the new site,
[url]www.Servelink.com[/url] who moved all the pictures over behind the scenes and set up the 301 Redirect, and
Mike Beebe at [url]http://www.dlss.ca/[/url] who worked with me to get all the "bad" words out of my categories at speed with his totally cool CSV Category tool product for ASP sites [url]http://www.dlss.ca/proddetail.asp?prod=Adv_Category_CSV[/url].

Please have a look and let me know what I missed....never in our 15+ years of setting up sites have I been through something like it took to get this site live. Once google figures out where the new site is and properly passes all the juice, I may bring back Evolution Weed as an affiliate site.

Thanks everyone.

[img]https://www.neovapeshop.com/images/logoect.png[/img]

Neo Vape Shop sells Toking tools, herb grinders, Titanium eNails and 420 storage. www.neovapeshop.com

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2019 :  23:52:30  
Hi

I'm a bit biased as I had a hand in the relaunch but I think it looks great, I'll give it a good look over shortly to see if I can find anything amiss.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

Sinbad
Administrator

65850 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2019 :  10:43:38  
Hi NV/EW,

Home page - 1. remove chunks of commented out html from the pages (.dwt file) to help with page load time. Make a backup copy of the .dwt first if you need to get those lines in the future you can copy them from your backup. )
2. remove extra opening head tag just above this css (.dwt file)

<head>
<style type="text/css">
.auto-style1 {
border-width: 0px;
}

Interior pages.
Categories - description text hard to read on desktop recommend font be increase from font-size: 0.9em; to font-size: 1.2em; - this will also require that the description container be increase to accommodate the text at the new font size.

Products - fonts could be a little larger but as it is everything appear fine. I would have liked to see more space given for the products may 3 across, by removing the cart and information containers and putting the filters on the left in their place and increasing the content area for the body to account for the additional . The cart is already at the top of the screen and now days most sites are using drop down carts. when displaying 3 across the products per page should be set to a multiple of 3 such as 12 or 15... It also is more user friendly by reducing the number of pages customers have to view to locate the item they are looking for. Example White Rhino Sleek Vap is on page 7 now where it would be on page 3 or 4.

Detail page - when clicking next on the images of Kanger Subox Mini Kit, the page jumps and enlarge should be set to open in new window when clicking next on enlarge the page jumps. This seems to only occur on the first scrolling of the images, when running through the images a second and third time it does not do that. If using full width layout for the item the Left and right bars should be removed from the page as they are currently on the bottom of the page. If that is not what your going for then the incproddetail needs to be moved to just after <!-- #BeginEditable "body" -->
page title and description need to be added
<title>Neo Vape Shop | | | </title>
<meta name="Description" content="">

Cart page - step 1 I see best sellers on the right, step 2 and step 3 best sellers is empty.

** I found some GA code in the head section on the detail page GA tracking works best when placed at the bottom of the page above the closing </body> tag. https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/ecommplus/parameters.asp#analytics

Non-product pages about/contact/policies all fonts can be a little bigger. I like the terms and conditions page just one small thing the bullet points are sitting right on the left border try adding the following to the termsconditions.asp

<style type="text/css">
li {
list-style-position: inside;
}
</style>

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

evolutionweed

USA
58 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/11/2019 :  15:47:36  
Hi Sinbad, thanks for the detailed review.

I cannot find that extra head tag you are referring to. Is it in the default.asp file, or in the project.dwt file? I tried to find that CSS string in either file and couldn't find that either.

Also, how do I change the font size? Never tried to do that for the product or proddetail pages.

Thanks again for helping me with this.

Neo Vape Shop sells Toking tools, herb grinders, Titanium eNails and 420 storage.

www.neovapeshop.com

[img]https://www.neovapeshop.com/images/logoect.png[/img]

Sinbad
Administrator

65850 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2019 :  09:03:57  
Hi I believe the extra tag is in project.dwt. Font sizes can be changed in style.css

around line 632

div.catdesc {
padding: 0px 0px 4px 4px;
font-size: 0.9em;
}

around line 590 change the height to about 200px or 220px

div.category {
width: 43%;
float: left;
line-height: 1.6;
padding: 10px;
border: 1px solid #ccc;
background-color: #fefefe;
margin: 0px 0px 16px 16px;
height: 140px;
}

Add the following to the style sheet after the above

.catheader {
font-size: 14px;
}

around line 905
div.detaildescription {
margin: 5px;
padding-top: 4px;
line-height: 1.8em;
float: right;
width: 58%;
}

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates
   Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2020 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000