Author « Topic »  

sjones1787
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  09:15:37  
Hello, I has following instructions on setting up the UPS shipping option and when I got to vsadmin/adminupslicense.php I clicked the Agree button and then "Next" and then I got a 403 forbidden page error, (You don't have permission to access /Jan-San/vsadmin/adminupslicense.php on this server.) - Any thoughts on how I might get this corrected?

S Jones

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  09:19:33  
Hi

As it says there it seems to be a problem with the permissions on that file on the server. Can you have a word with your host, tell them that you have a permissions problem accessing adminupslicense.php and they should be able to fix it for you.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

sjones1787
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  09:49:34  
Andy, I'm running this on a dedicated server. The permissions on this file are set to 644. What should the permissions be?

S Jones

sjones1787
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  09:55:19  
The page works fine for the first two steps. It is not until I get to the third section where you select the "Agree" button and hit next, that is where it is throwing the error.

S Jones

sjones1787
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  09:59:54  
I installed the shopping cart system in a directory (Jan-San) is it okay to install it there? or does it have to install into the root directory?

S Jones

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  10:13:35  
It should be fine installing it there - it doesn't necessarily need to go into the root. Can you try to change the permissions on that file to 744 and let us know if it makes a difference?

Andy

sjones1787
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  10:28:32  
Andy, I set the permissions to 744 - No Luck! still hangs up on the third phase of UPS registration. I already have the UPS access Key, account #, username and password for my client. Is there any place I can set this up manually? Or what would you suggest my step would be?

S Jones

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  11:21:42  
Hi Sjones, there isn't a way to manually set it up, the registration needs to be done through the interface to connect the domain to the UPS server. Have you tried clearing the browser history / cache to make sure your not getting a cached version of the page. Also if you are changing the file permission using a ftp program login to the cpanels file manager and check that the permissions are set correctly there.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

sjones1787
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  11:26:57  
After reading some of the other threads on the forum. I was able to look at the mod_security logs and see where this script was throwing an error. Anyway I have it working now. I have the luxury of having a dedicated server so I could diagnose and fix this without the host getting involved. Once I found which mod_sec rule was throwing the error, I just white listed the mod_sec rule and boom! I was up and running. I have included part of the mod_sec error just so you can see in case anyone else experiences this type of problem.

Pattern match ....<snip>

S Jones

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2017 :  00:01:13  
Thanks very much for letting us know, I'm sure that will help others.

Andy

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000