ASP (Windows server) versions
 Recent Server Upgrade to Windows 2012 R2
Author « Topic »  

kelleymoore
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  04:13:43  
Hostek recently upgraded our server to Windows 2012 R2. We have a MSSQL database. They asked me to upgrade the ECT application. I did the updater to Ecommerce PlusASP v6.8.4 yesterday. Now, none of the category navigation works. Also, something is wrong with our secure server as I can't access the site with https. I'm not sure if it is due to the ECT updater or the server upgrade, as we had multiple other issues with the server upgrade after they did it that they had to fix.

This is what Hostek told me was the issue when we realized that none of the data for our product descriptions, order status notes, content regions, email messages, etc. were there after they did the upgrade:

HOSTEK: "We have resolved this issue, this issue was caused by the driver that was set with the update of the MSSQL server (SQL odbc driver) needed to be changed to use a SQL native driver as the ecommerce site is using Classic ASP, due to the use of the Classic ASP this native driver needed to be used in order to allow any column using nvarchar(max) to be read correctly. The SQL native driver has a compatibility mode that allows the Classic ASP to read these nvarchar(max) columns correctly."

It was a site visitor that went to our Facebook page to send us a message last night letting us know that our site wasn't working.

Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 02/15/2018 04:21:28

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  04:38:06  
Hi Kelley

Which site is this so we can see the problem with the category navigation. There have been no other reports of this in 6.8.4 so assume it's related to the server change but happy to look at your site to see what's happening.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

kelleymoore
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  04:56:04  
westernbootsales.com

Thanks, Andy. I just sent you an email with the CP login, too. I think it must be the server upgrade and the secure server issue.

Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 02/15/2018 04:59:25

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  07:14:49  
It seems it wasn't an 6.8.4 update problem but rather the host editing the categories page and turning it into a products page. The ssl certificate doesn't appear to be installed correctly but again that's something the host should be able to sort out quite quickly.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000