Wendi
Advanced Member

USA
164 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/29/2018 :  08:31:20  
Hi,

I am getting the 'Order at your store' emails just fine and also the 'email friend' emails work okay. However, customers are not getting the order email receipts. I can go into the order and request the email to be sent again and it works, but not the automatic email after the order completes. Any ideas on why this would be happening? I tried a test order with the money order payment method so as to eliminate that it could be a problem with Paypal and it still happened.

Thanks,
Wendi

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2018 :  08:56:10  
Hi Wendi

That's unusual. When you try an order do you get an order summary showing correctly on thanks.php?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

Wendi
Advanced Member

USA
164 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/29/2018 :  09:46:41  
Yes, everything shows correctly on thanks.php

Thanks,
Wendi

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2018 :  10:54:53  
Have you checked spam / junk folders when testing just in case?

Andy

Wendi
Advanced Member

USA
164 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/29/2018 :  16:26:44  
Yes, I made sure to check there. The test order that I did I used one of my email addresses so that I could see if it was automatically sent after the order was complete, but it wasn't. So then when I went back into the order admin and manually had the email receipt sent, it came through fine. It went to my inbox and not junk/spam.

Thanks,
Wendi

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2018 :  00:12:42  
Do you still have Email enabled as a payment method on your store? If so, can you let me know the URL and I'll try it out here?

Andy

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  00:28:20  
I tried your email a friend and the email arrived but in the spam folder. I then tried a test order and again I received an email but it went straight to spam,

"Why is this message in Spam? It's similar to messages that were detected by our spam filters"

Maybe you need to change the subject of the email so it doesn't trigger a spam warning.

Andy

Wendi
Advanced Member

USA
164 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  03:36:02  
Thank you for checking that for me, Andy. I ran the latest updater on Sunday, and I didn't re-check this issue after I updated, so maybe something changed. I just ran a test order myself and I got the receipt too. Thanks again
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000