Author « Topic »  

egrussell
Advanced Member

USA
108 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/17/2018 :  14:00:30  
Our shopping cart confirmations email address has been compromised by someone using it to send thousands of spams to through it. As a result, the site had to be shut down.

I still have access to files using FTP - is there any HTML file setting I can change to either cancel new order cancellations to the buyer or change the email account?

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2018 :  14:10:12  
Hi

You can change the email address in your main admin settings page.

Have you found out how the address was compromised?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

egrussell
Advanced Member

USA
108 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/17/2018 :  15:56:01  
My problem is that while the site is down, I can't use the cart administration. I do still have FTP access if there is a file I can temporarily modify to either the existing email address or change it.

I think I can get the site up and running if I can tell our host that I have disabled the confirmation process. Then change the email address (or the SMTP settings?).

I have verified the current email address is not the problem itself since I can send mail to it from outside of the website using Office Outlook without it be bounced as spam. This leads me to believe the problem is actually the SMTP setting used by the ECT administration.

insight
ECT Moderator

USA
4476 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2018 :  19:38:54  
quote:
if there is a file I can temporarily modify to either the existing email address or change it

There's not a file for that, it's actually stored in the admin table in the database. If you are comfortable working in there with phpMyAdmin or whatever then you can change it directly.

Peter

ServeLink
Professional ecommerce web hosting for ASP & PHP
https://servelink.com

Take a look at our image upload/resize tool for the ASP cart
https://servelink.com/clients/cart.php?gid=7
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000