asanborn
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1404 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/26/2018 :  08:31:19  
We need a link or script to test all of our E-commerce carts versions
All of our PayPal Customers are receiving this letter which is causing Panic communications to us:

We’ve tried contacting you to inform you of an urgent security requirement that now needs your immediate attention. Starting on June 26, 2018, PayPal will be making changes that may impact your ability to accept any PayPal transactions, process credit card payments with PayPal, or access the funds in your PayPal Business account.

Action required by June 26, 2018.

Our records show that your PayPal integration uses an older encryption protocol. You must take the following actions immediately to upgrade your PayPal integration(s) to the TLS 1.2 cryptographic protocol by June 26, 2018.

1. Visit our security website to view the requirements: www.paypal.com/tls
2. If your website is hosted by a third-party, work with your web hosting company or e-commerce software provider. Otherwise, please contact your in-house web programmer or system administrator to make these updates.
3. Use our testing environment to verify that your servers support the latest security standards: https://tlstest.paypal.com. The testing environment will present a PayPal_Connection_OK message if you’ve completed the server update correctly. Note that you must test your API using your server, not your web browser.

If you fail to upgrade your integration by June 26, 2018, you may not be able to accept any PayPal transactions, process credit card payments with PayPal, or access the funds in your PayPal Business account.

If you need additional support, please contact your web hosting company, e-commerce software provider, in-house web programmer, or system administrator. You can also visit our Help Center for more detail.

PayPal Merchant Services

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2018 :  08:34:45  
Hi

We have links and suggestions available here https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107642

You need to check with your host that TLS1.2 is supported and you'll see we have a simple test using the ppconfirm.php in that thread as well as a link to a testing site https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

asanborn
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1404 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/26/2018 :  09:07:31  
HI Andy, I have read that thread. Two issues:
1. there are a lot of links on this page, which ones do I use for our websites.
2. I have click a lot of them and the pages in the URL just say "Loading" and nothing displays.

We do have some older versions of ECT running.
What link can I use from the urlname.com/..... to test their stores?

PS: We have run ssslabs and all of our sites come back with a B rating.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2018 :  09:10:57  
Have you tried the entering the URL yoursite.com/vsadmin/ppconfirm.asp?ppdebug=tls

In the report from ssllabs check which TLS protocols are supported, the overall rating here is less important.

Andy

asanborn
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1404 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/26/2018 :  12:06:01  
1. We have tried to run the links and they just sit there as "loading" and never get any page or content.
Ran on the server:
https://ipnpb.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
https://ipnpb.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

Only get loading, no response or error.

2. Yes, we have used sslabs and test passes for TLS1.1 and TLS 1.2

3. we also checked our firewall and nothing is block.

So because #1 above does not complete...

What are the exact links to test our sites?

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2018 :  12:27:05  
Those are the links to test that I provided.

Can you let us know the URL of a site or two and the version they are running?

Andy

asanborn
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1404 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/26/2018 :  14:44:38  
Can you send me an email direct to reply to please?
Thanks

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2018 :  00:06:05  
You can click on my name here in the forum to send an email or just send it to andy or info at ecommercetemplates

Andy

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2018 :  07:45:26  
I had a look at the sites you sent on and they are very old versions, between 4 and 9 years without updating so that's why our test wouldn't work. I would very strongly urge you to update those sites. There will have been security fixes and quite probably PayPal related changes too.

On ssllabs all sites show support for TLS 1.1 and TLS1.2 so it may be they are connecting using the TLS1.1 protocol but that would be something your host could advise on.

Andy

asanborn
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1404 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/27/2018 :  08:28:33  
This is why I have other post asking what was the last version before ECT cut over to the CSS style sites.

What was that version number?

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2018 :  08:35:57  
The first version to use the ectcart.css file for the cart and search pages was 6.5 but table based product / detail and category pages are all still supported (although not really recommended) - that shouldn't cause any problems though, should it?

Andy

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/28/2018 :  05:34:00  
Hi Andy,

All transactions for us are failing from today. customers have contacted us stating an error message after payment stage "SSL connection error".

We upgraded our server to TLS 1.2 and HTTP 1.1 over a year ago now with a fallback in place to TLS 1.1.

I have tried URL yoursite.com/vsadmin/ppconfirm.php?ppdebug=tls

This is showing an error message.

Please can you advise what the problem might be from the error message?

Regards

Kev

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2018 :  05:44:55  
Hi Kev

My first thought would be to remove TLS1.1 as it sounds like that may be the default on your server.

Andy

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/28/2018 :  05:47:10  
Hi Andy,

The fallback is TLS 1.1 however the default is setup at the highest level as TLS 1.2?

Regards

Kev

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2018 :  06:14:49  
I would check with your host as from the error, that doesn't seem to be the case. I can't see any need for TLS1.1 support either.

Andy

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/28/2018 :  06:18:18  
Ok thanks Andy,

We will disable both 1.0 and 1.1 and will let you know the outcome

Regards

Kev

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2018 :  06:25:59  
Please do let us know as I'm pretty sure that is the way to go.

Andy

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/28/2018 :  07:44:35  
Hi Andy has there been any update to the ppconfirm.php page in the last few days?

The below email error message we are receiving seems to show a handshake cURL error between our website and PayPal?

SANDBOX: sandbox.
Ecommerce Plus PayPal IPN Error: Error with cURL installation: SSL connect error

Regards

Kev

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2018 :  07:54:51  
No, there haven't been any changes to that file for a while.

The error may suggest the cURL installation on your server isn't configured to use TLS1.2. It could also be a temporary PayPal glitch which has come up a couple of times on the forum.

Andy

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/28/2018 :  08:05:38  
Hi Andy thanks for this

When you say possible paypal glitch, have others experienced a problem with paypal today also as i cannot seem to find any mention of this in the forum in the past few days?

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2018 :  08:24:21  
No, nobody has reported any issues today and we haven't received any status alerts from PayPal. I only mentioned it because it has happened in the past when all settings appeared to be correct and the problem resolved itself. In your case my first point is more likely considering you have just made server changes.

Andy

Page: of 2 « Topic »  
Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000