Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

webspaceunlimited
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2018 :  05:57:13  
Just wondering how possible this is or even if there is already such an option...

With a large number of my clients being technophobes and of the older generation I have found one of the biggest issues is the image uploads - its a tad confusing for some now the biggest issue is getting them to upload the image to the right size to the right part.. so small large and giant.. it seems common sense but I have 3 clients who struggle with this and the amount of times I am asked to fix the website thats gone wrong with uploading a 2000px wide image and not resizing it down for a small image

Now if their browser remembers the last settings they are okay for a while then... they clea the cache and back to uploading all manner of shapes and sized images

What would be usedful is if in the includes an over ride could be put to fix width for giant large and small images so the client doesnt have to think :)

Possible? sensible idea or is it my unlucky choice of clients ?

Many thanks
Richard

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2018 :  06:19:13  
Hi Richard

How about adding some "safety net" css? Some thing like

img.detailimage{max-width:400px;max-height:auto} and then do the same for img.prodimage and img.giantimage

It's not ideal as the file size will still be huge but at least it won't mess up the layout.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

webspaceunlimited
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2018 :  06:38:12  
excellent idea thank you
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000