Author « Topic »
Page: of 2

jeff

USA
58 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/23/2018 :  08:35:16  
The hosted platform seems like it might be a great deal. I have a few questions about it.

Do you host the database also? If I switched to the hosted, I wouldn't need anything I am currently buying from godaddy. Is this correct?

Will I be able to make backups of the database to store on my system?

I would still own all the data the store generates?

Where in the world is the hosting taking place?

Does the hosting use CDN?

Jeff

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2018 :  08:43:29  
Hi Jeff

Thanks for asking and good questions.

The database is also hosted so you wouldn't want anything from Godaddy, not even an ssl certificate as that is also included.

Back ups are made for you and the data is all yours - you can still use the csv upload / download feature.

We partnered with servelink for the hosting so it would be US based for a US store.

I don't have all the hosting spec to hand so would need to check up on any other details.

Feel free to sign up for the trial version when you're ready https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/ectstore/pricing.asp

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

jeff

USA
58 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/23/2018 :  08:54:36  
Thanks for the quick answers.

What days and hours will real-time support be available for the hosted plan?

Jeff

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2018 :  08:56:52  
The support will be offered here and as we have people at different locations it will be pretty much 24 / 7.

Andy

jeff

USA
58 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/23/2018 :  09:01:46  
Another couple questions if I may.

I am not sure how to ask this and have the question make since. I currently pay a fee for email service through godaddy. Is email service somehow included with the hosting plan? I would assume not but would like to know.

I am going to go ahead and switch to your hosting plan. How do I release my site name from godaddy and assign it to your host?

What goes on at the point in time when I end up with over 3k skus?

Jeff

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2018 :  09:08:01  
There is a domain transfer option in the sign up. I'll check with servelink for you if they need you to do anything on your end, and about the emails.

The 3k skus initially is just a rough guide and your store would continue functioning fine if you went slightly over that number. If you had a whole lot more we could talk about a higher plan.

Andy

jeff

USA
58 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/23/2018 :  15:05:49  
I got the trial version and am in the hosting control panel. I have not been able to find instructions on importing my existing database without breaking the database that is already there in the trial store

Jeff

insight
ECT Moderator

USA
4476 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2018 :  16:05:34  
The database structure of the hosted store is somewhat different from the existing version that you have, and at this time there is not a drop-in method to import an existing database from a PHP or ASP store. That's a process that would have to be managed by us, by hand, if it were needed. As Andy pointed out you do also have the option to use the csv upload functionality to import products in bulk though.

Regarding the other miscellaneous questions:

* there's not a CDN component at present, sites are physically hosted on our equipment in our Northern California data center (California being most US merchants' largest market) with excellent connectivity to the rest of the US. We do have a presence in the UK so, if there's demand for it, it's quite possible we could add this service there too.

* transactional email service to get the store emails out to you and your customers is included. No provision is made for incoming store mail, however do we have the capability of course, so if you want to bring your domain's email service over I'm sure we could figure out a custom plan for you. Or you could leave it where it is.

* when you're ready to commit to transferring your existing domain from GD we can send you a link to start that process.

Peter

ServeLink
Professional ecommerce web hosting for ASP & PHP
https://servelink.com

Take a look at our image upload/resize tool for the ASP cart
https://servelink.com/clients/cart.php?gid=7

jeff

USA
58 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/24/2018 :  21:35:12  
Hello.

I was trying to check how legit Servelink is to get a since on how reliable the service will be. It appears that their address is a mail drop in an residential apartment building. Can you fill me in on this a bit, please?

Jeff

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2018 :  23:14:27  
Hi Jeff

We have been working with Servelink since about 2004 and they have constantly been the most reliable, security conscious hosting company out there. If you search on the forums here you'll find glowing reviews and will find it hard to find a bad word said against them.

Andy

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2018 :  05:40:04  
quote:
the lost reliable
Really Andy?

But seriously, I have been using ServeLink for at least six years for both myself and many of my customers. They are the most reliable company I have every worked with. And believe me when I say, in the past 19 years of designing websites, I have dealt with a lot of different hosts.

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2018 :  05:42:08  
Pre coffee typo this morning

Andy

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2018 :  09:02:06  
I have 4 hosting plans with Servelink. They know their stuff.
Uptime is exceptional.

jeff

USA
58 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/26/2018 :  11:33:35  
Thanks for the feedback. After reading what you guys wrote and doing some searching around I feel good about giving them a try.

Jeff

jeff

USA
58 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/26/2018 :  11:42:09  
This post is for "Insight."

I am pretty much ready to switch over from trial service to subscription. I need one thing taken care of first. I need to get some items of my database moved.

I don't need any history, customers, logins, or any of that type stuff.

I do need products, prod images, prod options, catagories moved. I need any items that affect my product information moved.

I feel that if I had access to the database, I could probably figure it out. The first day I signed up for the trial, I am sure I was able to logon through servelink sight and access the database. Now, I just get login error. Maybe I am thinking wrong about having access or maybe I am doing something wrong trying to logon now.

Thanks,

Jeff

insight
ECT Moderator

USA
4476 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2018 :  16:24:06  
Thanks for the vote of confidence chaps

I think we could handle that for you, perhaps you could provide us with a MySQL database dump from the existing site so we could take a look at it (zipped up and attached to a support ticket for security). Alternatively access to phpMyAdmin on the current host would be fine too. Once we see what was we are dealing with there we can make a plan to get that data migrated in a suitable form for you.

Peter

ServeLink

Edited by - insight on 08/26/2018 16:24:32

jeff

USA
58 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/27/2018 :  06:19:16  
I can do either but giving you logon credentials sounds easy as anything. I need your email information, please.

Thanks,

Jeff

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2018 :  06:23:01  
Hi Jeff

You can click on the username on the left and then choose "Click to send email" and that should arrive correctly.

Andy

jeff

USA
58 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/27/2018 :  07:57:11  
Thanks Andy,

Peter, I sent an email. Please let me know you got it. I am not sure if ECT has me setup to receive an email back from you and I forgot to give my email address.

Jeff

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2018 :  08:00:23  
Replying to an email sent via the forum will go to the address used in the forum profile so you should be fine there.

Andy

insight
ECT Moderator

USA
4476 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2018 :  14:36:55  
Yes, received that thanks and we're taking a look at it. Should be able to get that done today as you requested.

Peter

ServeLink

Page: of 2 « Topic »  
Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000