Author « Topic »  

laleirina
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
167 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  03:40:11  
Hi, we got this information from a company that is helping us with our SEO.

'Approximately 1,180,600 URLs containing ‘scri’ are being monitored by Google. Your site has approximately 644 pages, which means that something is creating URLs for                 your site. We’re unable to view all of these URLs as there are so many, and we’re unable to discover what’s creating the parameters. The site also has 1,147,683 URLs                         containing the ‘prod’ parameter.'  

From the little I know about database querying, it seems like these are database query terms that link to tables in the database (?). Can somebody help me sort this out?

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  03:45:44  
Hi

I'm a bit surprised that the company suggest that is spamming. A quick browse of your store would show that they are the filter parameter for the side or top filter bar. Just clicking on the products page would have given them that information.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

laleirina
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
167 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  04:15:32  
Hi Andy,

So those 1,180,600 URLS are not affecting our google ranking? According to the SEO company, Google are tracking over three million URLs for our site, and downgrading us as a consequence.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  04:28:06  
Have a look at this thread about pagination and Google Search Console https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109852

If it's a half decent company they should know about the parameter settings you need there though.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10243 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  06:56:56  
quote:
Google are tracking over three million URLs for our site, and downgrading us as a consequence.

I would ask them specifically why google is downgrading you for having three million URL's on your site.
Is it duplicate content?
They should be able to tell you.
The so called SEO company should understand that URL's are being created dynamically and with the "scri" being tied to the top/side filters, it's unlikely the returned page is duplicate content.

So many SEO companies out there who say they can work magic on your site, and I expect there are legitimate SEO companies out there, but I also believe there are more of them that don't know what they are doing than there are that do.
Some will actually use black hat tactics that can ruin your SEO.
I would proceed with caution with this company. From what you have posted, it seems they do not have much experience with dynamic websites.

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000