Author « Topic »  

cooper
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
2807 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/16/2018 :  19:03:35  
I'm so old I remember when the Google Merchant Center was called Froogle and generated a good amount of sales.

I'm working through some listing issues on Google Merchant (settings for shipping, etc.). I started looking at Facebook Shops, SellerCentral on Amazon.com and that got me thinking.

Where else are folks listing their products and where are you getting the most bang for your buck?

Cooper

Paradise
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1602 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/16/2018 :  22:05:26  
Nowhere .... made money when it was free to list, not anymore.

Mark
Responsive Design Deals Ecomm Plus - ASP 6.8
www.paradiseclothingco.com

Positivek9
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
4061 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/22/2018 :  13:08:45  
Hey all,

Most of the good selling places are gone and the ones that are left are no longer worth the trouble.

Amazon will "steal", I mean sell, your products if they do well. Left 2 years ago.

eBay is turning into an Amazon clone and only want cheap new junk. Left back in 2008.

Facebook shops - never had any luck there. Marketplace, the same.

OfferUp, LetGo, similar sites - only works if you want to give products away.

Mercari, Wish, similar sites - same as above. Lots of likes and saves and lowball "offers".

Your own web site... I can only speak for myself but since the overthrow of online selling by Amazon & a few other big names in my industry, I'm lucky if I get a visitor a day. Plus the loss of small distributors being bought out & then having to compete directly against the distributors you are buying from...it's nuts.

I sound like such a negative nancy.. :(

Julie
Owned & loved by 7 German Shepherds

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1875 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2018 :  16:23:18  
quote:
I sound like such a negative nancy.. :(
No you are not. I have heard the same from a lot of my clients. And the one ecommerce site I do own is running into the same problem. What I have noticed is niche sites/products do extremely well. Most are too specialized for the likes of Amazon to care about.

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

Positivek9
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
4061 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/25/2018 :  06:33:20  
There is a new program being launched by Google called Google Shopping Actions.

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7679273?hl=en

"Shopping Actions is a shopping program that allows retailers to surface their products across different Google platforms. Shopping Actions enables a frictionless shopping experience by using a shareable list, universal shopping cart, and instant checkout with saved payment credentials, allowing customers to easily turn browsing into buying."

No idea what the fees are, they are not upfront about it. I did get an email this morning that says "Through December 31, 2018 we will extend a 15% discount on all commissions owed just for joining the Shopping Actions program. This commission discount will be automatically applied to your invoices owed each month. "

I have signed up for it, and did get a welcome email this morning. Of course, iit's Google, so who knows if this will pan out or not. :)

Julie
Owned & loved by 7 German Shepherds
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000