WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 Donation page not working correctly
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2018 :  07:27:56  
I have set up a "Make a Payment" page using the donations page. This has been working for quite a while. Today I got an email from the client telling me that when anyone goes to that page to make a payment - they fill out the fields and then click submit, when they get to the cart page the fields are filled in with totally different amounts and someone else's name.

Here is the link to their payment page - give it a try and see what happens. https://curtisknight.com/payments.php

I just tried it with the amount $1.00 and my name and on the cart page it came up with the amount of $1200 and the name "Karen Arean" (not my name), the "message" also was not what I typed in (I had "test" and the cart page shows "here is my payment".

I also tried from a private browser window and got the exact same results. This is happening from multiple customers and their computers, so it is not a cache issue.

***UPDATE*** If I go to the cart page via "View Cart" - the amounts, name and message are correct. It seems to be only when you click "Submit" from the Payments (Donation) page itself that this is happening.

I need to get this fixed!! My client is upset enough to send me a emergency message on a Sunday morning of Thanksgiving weekend. I need to get this figured out as quickly as possible.

Edited by - JustDucky923 on 11/25/2018 07:42:56

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2018 :  07:46:39  
Hi

If you have a cache plugin installed or have cache settings in the .htaccess file they'll need removing.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2018 :  07:51:26  
Is this something new? Does this mean we cannot use a cache plugin with ECT anymore?

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2018 :  08:01:02  
I do have W3 Total Cache set up on the site and it has been there for quite a while without issues. Is this what is causing the problem?

My client also wanted me to change the word "Submit" to "Continue", so while waiting for an answer here I went into the includes file and made that change (and only that change). Somehow now it seems that the problem has gone away. I don't totally trust that for some strange reason the problem is fixed.

Can you take a look and let me know your thoughts - I really don't want to tell my client it's fixed if it's not.

We installed the W3 Total Cache plug in because the site was running really slow. Any thoughts on a better way to speed up the site if I have to uninstall that plug in?

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2018 :  08:10:19  
You really shouldn't use a cache plugin on any dynamic ecommerce site. It's nothing new and not an ECT thing, just you can't serve up saved / cached content on a dynamic site.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000