Author « Topic »  

C4009
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
612 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/10/2018 :  11:28:10  
As of Friday we stopped receiving mail (copies of sale) from the system. This has never happened and we did not change anything nor have we blocked the email address. Could you please let us know what needs to be checked as I cannot see any problems and nothing has been changed in the admin.

We do receive mail to the same address from other sources. Thank you.

Charles
sales@SleepRestfully.com

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2018 :  11:40:03  
Hi Charles

If you haven't changed anything it might be worth checking with your host. Let them know your mail settings and see if they are what should be required and if anything has changed on their end.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

C4009
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
612 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/10/2018 :  12:01:14  
Servelink says there has been no changes and as I said we receive to this address from other sources.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2018 :  12:28:39  
Did you check your store email settings with those suggested by servelink?

Andy

hawaii
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/10/2018 :  15:32:04  
I'm with ServeLink also and I haven't been getting order confirmations since November 4th which was about the time I was notified they did a site migration. Also, all of my email addresses for my websites they're hosting stopped working a couple of days ago. I put in a support ticket and Peter replied that I need to setup my email according to ECT instructions and he didn't even address my emails not working. He also said my database has no username and password. I haven't changed anything and he expects me to fix all the problems caused by something they did? I'm really disappointed in ServeLink and they're really slow getting back to me on the support ticket. I would expect faster replies considering I can't even call them.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10242 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2018 :  16:40:50  
Try going to admin main settings and enter your password for the email address to see if that fixes it.
I had to do this several times.

insight
ECT Moderator

USA
4476 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2018 :  17:37:57  
quote:
I put in a support ticket and Peter replied that I need to setup my email according to ECT instructions and he didn't even address my emails not working. He also said my database has no username and password. I haven't changed anything and he expects me to fix all the problems caused by something they did?

I replied that you need to set the ECT store email up according to OUR instructions that we provide that are specifically written for users of the ECT store software. That isn't something we can do for you, because apart from anything else we don't know what your email passwords are. That you have no email user name and password specified in your store admin is the reason why the store email doesn't work. We didn't remove it, but we have seen cases where people have inadvertently cleared those settings when changing other settings on the same page. Everything else works fine far as I can see.

Peter

ServeLink
Professional ecommerce web hosting for ASP & PHP
https://servelink.com

Take a look at our image upload/resize tool for the ASP cart
https://servelink.com/clients/cart.php?gid=7

jhenig
Starting Member

6 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  09:44:04  
Hi.

I have a client not receiving confirmation emails from his site and neither is the purchaser. This started happening in September, 2018. All of a sudden no emails coming from the server and PayPal no longer issuing Authorization Codes, rather 'no ipn' is designated in the Auth Code column in the panel. Client and purchaser DO receive email confirmation from PayPal but not from the eCommerce panel. There is no SSL on the site. Ecommerce Plus PHP v5.5.2

Thank You! for helping me.
Joanne

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  09:52:05  
Hi Joanne

That's a pretty ancient version so the first thing to do is update to the latest.

Andy

jhenig
Starting Member

6 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  10:18:54  
Hi Andy,

What is the best way to update to the latest version? Is this a service that your company can provide?

Thank You! Joanne

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  10:23:22  
We have that service here for a nominal fee https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/Apply-Updater

Andy

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000