Design issues
 Making the United States the default country
Author « Topic »  

pschneider
Advanced Member

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2018 :  13:58:13  
Hi. Is there a code to make the United States the default country?

Thanks.
Paul

Paul Schneider Jr

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2018 :  00:29:02  
Hi Paul

There isn't a feature for that but maybe there's something in the post here that may help https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=95851

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2018 :  07:24:01  
Keep in mind too, that you can set the US to show at the top of the list of countries by setting that in your admin under the list of countries.

pschneider
Advanced Member

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2018 :  09:24:23  
I pasted in the code suggested on the link you sent. It didn't work, perhaps because I have php instead of asp? Here is what I now see:

Shopping cart
<% if SESSION("country")="" then SESSION("country")=origCountry '// Force home country %>
Show / Hide Cart
Shopping Cart (1)

The line of code is showing up, but doesn't force the home country. Is there a way for me to attach pictures in this forum?

Thanks.
Paul

Paul Schneider Jr

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2018 :  09:42:45  
there is an icon for inserting an image. Basically it's just a matter of pasting the link to the image and wrap the image tags around it
[i m g]http://www.someplace.com/image.jpg[/i m g] without the spaces there separating the img (i m g)

Are you on .asp or .php?

I can confirm this works, but you may need to clear your cookies or try it in another browser to see it work.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2018 :  09:44:36  
I see you posting in the .php forum before, so you have the .asp example there, so try the .php version.
It needs to go into cart.php

pschneider
Advanced Member

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2018 :  10:58:57  
This is php. What is the php version?

Paul Schneider Jr

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2018 :  16:59:18  
<?php if (!isset($_SESSION['country'])) { $_SESSION['country']='United States of America'; } ?>
inserted just before this line in cart.php <!--#include file="vsadmin/inc/inccart.php"-->
if you have USA showing as USA or US instead of United States of America, be sure to make the change in that line
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000