Corrupted Client Accounts
Previous Page
Author « Topic »
Page: of 2

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  09:43:32  
Yes it should remain there after the order status is updated. I just checked on my site to be sure.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

tmdaslide
Advanced Member

USA
388 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  09:51:36  
It doesn't here.

tmdaslide
Advanced Member

USA
388 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  19:03:31  
I was informed that

"... change the way that tracking numbers are entered a while ago which caused some confusion as it wasn't terribly intuitive"

Looks like operator error, then.

Forever, I've been pasting shipping notification w/tracking in status info, changing status to shipped, select shipper and paste in tracking info. Then update.

FTR, it looks like hitting enter after pasting the tracking number was an added step I missed.

Edited by - tmdaslide on 01/17/2019 21:13:39

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2019 :  00:08:15  
When you enter the tracking number the label should change to a red text, "hit enter to save" - the update is only for the order status - glad it's all working for you now though.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

tmdaslide
Advanced Member

USA
388 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/18/2019 :  03:04:27  
The weird thing is that the text does not turn red every time. Only rarely and randomly and flashed more than stayed red. I discovered the 'enter to save' by trial and error. The field box border does turn to a darker blue reliably. After going through maybe a handful of orders in a row, to add the tracking number, the red help text appeared once. Then maybe after another handful or more again. I tried hovering, highlighting, different cursor positions to find a 'trigger' with no luck.

I have not noticed the red help text when I typically add tracking while processing orders.

Edited by - tmdaslide on 01/18/2019 03:06:32

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2019 :  06:53:16  
quote:
The weird thing is that the text does not turn red every time.

I have seen this when using copy/paste sometimes.
Hitting enter still works, but the warning does not show. It's actually the "update" button when entering private notes that sometimes does not show when pasting versus actually typing where I see this the most.
Page: of 2 « Topic »  
Previous Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000