Technical
 Getting Started and Pre-Sales
 Unable to change/delete in template
Author « Topic »  

ClaireArt
Advanced Member

101 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  02:28:31  
Hi, I have logged in to my shop, I have added categories and saved products to them successfully. However I am unable to delete the computer categories and products even though a pop up window has said I have successfully done so?

I have also "successfully" submitted my change in country from US to the UK, added my https, email etc but when I go back in none of the data has been saved?

I'm assuming I need to successfully change the country from US to UK so that the prices change from dollars to pounds?

thank you.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  02:35:44  
Hi Claire

That's very odd, so you can add new products and save those but not change the country setting as that won't save - is that essentially what is happening?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

ClaireArt
Advanced Member

101 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  02:39:59  
Yes, thought I'm going mad, I must have done something wrong?? I press submit, but when I go back into the admin settings, it hasn't saved the UK, my email or my https. Some (well a lot ) of the settings I don't complete as they are irrelevant to me. I thought it might be a cached thing, so I pressed f5 etc but that didn't work. I've tried about 3 times now. I've also tried to delete all the standard computer items too, it says its done it successfully but they remain there. here is a link to my shop (the public bit)

https://www.claire-harrison.co.uk/shop/products.php?cat=7

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  02:52:10  
Would you lioke to send me an email with your control panel details and I'll take a look? You can click on my name to send the mail.

Andy

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  03:06:57  
I see the problem and I think I know what is causing it. I wasn't able to log into the control panel as it kept looping back to the login page. That means there's a problem with the session variables on the server so your information isn't being saved. Can you pass that information on to your host, let them know what is happening and they should be able to fix it for you in a jiffy.

Andy

ClaireArt
Advanced Member

101 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  03:11:07  
Thank you, I thought I was going more mad, than I already am, and losing all mytechy savviness (albeit small) I had! :)

ClaireArt
Advanced Member

101 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  03:42:17  
so I have contacted my hosting company. They are raising a ticket internally. They can update the database but this does not filter down and change the webpages - have I installed everything correctly?? Have I done something wrong? I haven't integrated your template pages with my pages/editable region yet, as I wanted to get a few products in there first, and get it all set up before I copied and pasted across. I didn't want to add any confusion at this stage. is that ok?

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  03:47:53  
I think the installation is fine, this type of problem has come up before and the fix has always been quite quick from the hosting side.

Andy

ClaireArt
Advanced Member

101 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  04:29:48  
my hosting company has asked me to ask you,

"As discussed if you could ask your database template company how removing an entry from the database should remove it from the site that would help a great deal.

I will investigate from this end."

what should I reply to them? thank you

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  06:30:11  
Sorry, I missed that - I'm not sure what they're referring to there to be honest - the problem appears to be session management rather than deleting anything from the database.

Andy

ClaireArt
Advanced Member

101 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  00:52:49  
I think they have fixed it, they have stopped/deleted the varnish cache on the server... ?!? Whatever that means! I'm asking them what impact that potentially has...!

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  01:08:42  
Caching would cause an issue so that sounds like they found the problem.

Andy

ClaireArt
Advanced Member

101 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  01:33:08  
Sadly, not fixed. I was able to make and save some changes this morning. But I'm currently playing with the image sizes for the categories so they look nice and it is taking ages to update. I have chased them.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000