Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

rubantin

92 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  09:37:05  
We have 12 different types of flour from buckwheat to Pancake. Each of our different types of flour are offered in different weights. Our buckwheat flowers available in 5 lb, 10 lb, and 25 lb bags For whole wheat flour we have four options 2 lb, 5 lb, 25 lb, and 50 lb. These different weights are all different bags/skus of flour. Whole wheat flour will be the product and the different weights are the different options. Each of those options is a separate product and has a separate SKU. I only need one picture for all four products. sorry I posted in a new post. I just had an operation on my right shoulder on Wednesday and I'm a little slow at getting around the keyboard.

Edited by - rubantin on 03/15/2019 09:40:39

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  09:47:18  
You would need to set up separate option sets for each type of flour, give each of the weights their own alt prod id and then assign the options to the product. As you are using the alt prod id feature you would also set up the products like 5lb wheat, 25lb wheat etc and mark them not to display. The sku of each should correspond to the sku entered in the alt prod id field of the option.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

rubantin

92 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  14:39:35  
Thanks Andy. I appreciate your help. I had to step away for a while. This configuration is all new to me. is there a YouTube video or a step-by-step that I can follow for this? if you could do a simple walkthrough of like whole wheat flour...
2lb $2.10 (Shipping weight 3lbs) (sku 101-st);
5lb $5 (Shipping weight 7lbs) (sku 101-s);
25lb $16 (Shipping weight 27lbs) (sku 102)

Would prefer the 5lb to be the main listing. with 2 lb & 25 lb being the options.

actually if there's a way I can do it through a CSV spreadsheet that would be best

Edited by - rubantin on 03/15/2019 14:44:04

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2019 :  00:38:02  
We have an older video here https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/tutorials/tutorials.asp#altprodid but the steps are still the same. The help page is here https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/alt-prod-id.asp

I'm afraid it's not possible to upload options via the csv file although the products can be uploaded that way.

Andy

rubantin

92 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2019 :  14:47:24  
So, to import products via CSV, I should only import the main 5lb bag of each and then add the other sizes as options?

Paradise
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1602 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/16/2019 :  23:13:35  
This might help.

[url]http://www.dlss.ca/proddetail.asp?prod=Adv-Option-CSV[/url]

Mark
Responsive Design Deals Ecomm Plus - ASP 6.8
www.paradiseclothingco.com

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2019 :  00:12:11  
Actually the one Mark linked to is for .asp
Daniel has one for .php https://www.ecom-mods.com/php-advanced-csv-option-data-utility.php but I have not seen him around the forum for a long time and I would contact him to be sure that mod works with latest versions.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2019 :  00:41:37  
quote:
So, to import products via CSV, I should only import the main 5lb bag of each and then add the other sizes as options?
The options would need adding through the admin but all the products (visible and hidden) can entered via the csv file.

Andy

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000