Author « Topic »  

Marianna
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/29/2019 :  09:18:41  
Hi, I'm new here and hope I'm posting in the right section. I see that there is an update available and wonder if it's ok to install it. I mean, with Wordpress, for instance, the updates can negatively affect the way your website looks and functions. So, what should we be aware of when updating to a new version of the cart?

www.goalimagery.com
Life, Career & Executive Coach Training & Services

DLSS
ECT Moderator

Canada
3932 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2019 :  09:28:59  
The ECT updates are separate from Wordpress updates. There should be no issues as long as you do the updates correctly as per instructions.

Mike Beebe
President,
DataLinks Software Solutions
www.dlss.ca

Rate Me Here

ASP and PHP mods - www.dlss.ca/products.asp
A Tremendous Home - Home Decor and Design, D-I-Y Projects, Home Life, Recipes - www.ATremendousHome.com

Marianna
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/04/2019 :  14:20:49  
Thank you so much, Mike. I don't see any instructions but the link at the top saying that the new version is available. Will the instructions appear if I click on it? (I was afraid to do it LOL)

www.goalimagery.com

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2019 :  00:08:21  
Hi

The help page for updaters is available here https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/updater_info.asp

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

Marianna
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/05/2019 :  06:17:03  
Hi Andy, thank you. I have a follow-up question. It looks like I already missed one update 7.03 and now it's 7.04. Can I skip over or should I install 7.03 first? Also, would you recommend the Stability or Advanced release for me?

Also, I'm not a developer and I have no idea what that means, how to access any of these files and what to do:
"In Version 6.9.3 we moved a lot of the store javascript to an external file. This greatly enhances store performance and aids with SEO. For that reason you will need to upload the file ectcart.js to the js folder and add this line to all your store pages, somewhere before the closing </head> tag

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/ectcart.js"></script>

Please read our forum post before making any changes to the css."

Do I have to hire someone for every update?

www.goalimagery.com

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2019 :  07:00:20  
Updaters are cumulative so it's only necessary to install the very latest should you wish to.

Your site already uses the ectcart.js and ectcart.css files so that doesn't need adding to the code.

What I would do is look at the features that have been added and decide if that's something you need right now or not https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/updater-history.asp

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000