Author « Topic »  

C4009
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
612 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  08:38:04  
It appears that I should be able to just upload a template to a server and then work on it in a live state (of course I am going to lock it down so nothing is indexed). However I cannot get the site to load even though there is a default.asp page. Is there something that I HAVE TO DO before starting wok on it. I was going to make all the data base connections and changes in a working environment. Thank you.

Charles

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  08:40:44  
Hi Charles

I'm not sure you can work live on a site anymore as you wouldn't get a connection via your HTML editor due to TLS restrictions. You would need to work locally and then upload the changed files.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

C4009
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
612 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  09:00:31  
Andy,

Thanks I understand what you are saying however to set up your database connection you need to be on a live server at least that is per the user manual.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  09:02:53  
You can enter the details in db_conn_open.asp in a text editor locally and then upload the file to the vsadmin folder on the server, you wouldn't really want to do that live on the server.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000