ASP (Windows server) versions
 Microsoft SQL Server, ShipStation and MailChimp
Author « Topic »  

Roger
Advanced Member

337 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2019 :  14:44:20  
Hi all,

Just gave the go ahead to upgrade to Microsoft SQL database, then got nervous about compatibility with these two applications. Really like them and rely on them. What's likely to happen when the change is made?

Thanks,

Roger

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2019 :  15:19:16  
No problems with any of that.
Ship station does not know what kind of database you are using really. An XML file is generated to send info over.
I personally use MS SQL and no problems with mailchimp either.
If you are using the ECT script to upsize from access to ms sql, (and you should) it has instructions. https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/SQL-Server-Creation-Script
You will need to change your db_conn_open.asp file (database connection) and add a line to your includes.

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/ecommplus/parameters.asp

quote:
SQL server

If you need to use SQL server rather than the Microsoft Access database then you will need to put sqlserver=true. Also make sure you change your connection string as suggested in the instructions.

Edited by - dbdave on 05/30/2019 15:25:41

Roger
Advanced Member

337 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2019 :  15:39:26  
Thanks Dave. Knew you would know. Servelink is doing the changeover for me, so not worried about it for now.

Thanks again for the heads up on ShipStation. What a relief!

Roger

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2019 :  17:02:29  
Well, I expect you are in good hands with Servelink.
It's been quite a while since I setup my shipstation connection, but thinking back, I do not think you will need any changes for that to keep working.
Being a native feature to the cart, mailchimp should keep working just the same as it has been for you.

Edited by - dbdave on 05/30/2019 17:02:48

Roger
Advanced Member

337 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2019 :  06:40:59  
For what it's worth to anyone else who may read this thread, the initial effect of going to Microsoft SQL from Access was much greater speed in loading. Still waiting to see the long term outcome, but as of right now, I would highly recommend it. Servelink recommends it for databases getting close to 10,000 items, and we were closing in on that figure. What a difference it has made. And thanks to Servelink for some great customer service.

Roger
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000