Author « Topic »  

Ken Graser
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/05/2019 :  08:20:41  
I have just installed the latest version of ECT on our server. It's just in testing at the moment. Everything seems to be working correctly except when I log in to the control panel. After I enter the password and hit submit, I get login correct and then it goes to the reset password screen. If I go to the "Store Admin" - Main Settings, everything seems to be fine. However if I go to "Store Admin" - Dashboard, it pops right back up with the reset password screen.

The server is running PHP 5.6.4 ECT is 7.0.5.

I did find a topic ID=111630 which was discussing the same of similar problem but it had no resolution so I'm kind of left hanging.
Any ideas?

Thanks for the help
Ken

Ken Graser

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2019 :  12:04:55  
Hi Ken

Haven't seen that before, do you get the same behaviour even if you change the password?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

Ken Graser
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/05/2019 :  12:25:00  
Hi Andy,

Yes, it just keeps asking for a password reset. I'm going to try putting it on my test server, which is running PHP 7, tonight and see if it is related to the PHP version or some setting on the server.

I'll post the results tomorrow.

Thanks

Ken Graser

Ken Graser
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/05/2019 :  12:31:39  
Another strange thing I just noticed. When I log out of the Admin section, instead of saying "you have logged out", it goes back to the Reset Password screen.

Somewhat strange!

Ken

Ken Graser

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2019 :  23:50:00  
Hi Ken
Are you using the default login / password by any chance? If you haven't changed from the default you are sent to password reset page.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Ken Graser
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/06/2019 :  06:52:32  
Vince,
No I have changed both the password and the login. I tried it on my test server, which is actually on GoDaddy, and it worked fine. That server is running PHP 7. The other server, which is the one I have to use, is running PHP 5.6

I know that it should work on PHP 5.6. The other topic I mentioned ID=111630, talked about "Session" settings on the web server. I'm not sure what this is.

Any other ideas?

Ken

Ken Graser

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2019 :  07:01:08  
It may be a problem with the sessions on the server and that is something your host can look at if you can explain to them the problem you are having. Might also be a good opportunity to update the PHP version you are running on that server.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

Ken Graser
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  08:43:51  
Sorry for the delayed response. I updated the server to PHP 7.1 and the problem is resolved.
Thanks for the help.

Ken

Ken Graser
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000