Court Rules Amazon Liable for 3rd Party Sellers
Author « Topic »  

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2019 :  11:10:45  
quote:
In Wednesday’s opinion, Circuit Judge Jane Richards Roth, writing for a 2-1 majority of a three-judge panel, said Amazon may be liable in part because its business model “enables third-party vendors to conceal themselves from the customer, leaving customers injured by defective products with no direct recourse to the third-party vendor.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-liability-idUSKCN1TY2HM

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2019 :  12:26:57  
<rant-starteth>
Both Amazon & eBay are abysmal businesses that run roughshod over anyone who gets in their way. Devoid of business morals & with intent to circumnavigate regulation, they are two outfits I wouldn't give the pleasure of any of my money. PayPal is another ugly outfit too!

Classic examples of biggest isn't always best.

<rant-endeth>

Steve
Using ECT PHP versions since 2004 / 5

Edited by - 1818charlie on 07/04/2019 12:28:26

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2019 :  14:49:05  
I must admit with Amazon I don't understand how they get away with stuff they get away with. But I've always found PayPal quite a cuddly company and I would recommend all sites to have it as at least an alternative form of payment.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2019 :  16:06:35  
I am with Vince in that Paypal has been great for us. With the cash back debit card (I am grandfathered in at 1.5%), our cash back every month greatly offsets our fees. Making it by far the best deal for processing for us. Not to mention funds are instantly available.
I know Paypal has gotten around some banking regulations by not being classified as a bank, and I have heard horror stories about frozen funds, but I think in recent years, they have been forced to comply with some of the regulations. In any case, there is no way I would use anyone else to process funds for my company.

Steve is right on some levels, these companies get so big they are able to manipulate rules and regulations to suit themselves and block out competition.

ekrzycki
Advanced Member

USA
351 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/05/2019 :  14:53:20  
I'm hoping that someday amazon or ebay will get in trouble for the HUGE quantity of counterfeit items sold through by 3rd party sellers. Ebay has been notified multitudes of times about this. The counterfeit items are reproductions of items originally made by companies that are no longer in existence so ebay won't do anything about them.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000