Not getting a successful transac confirmation page
Author « Topic »  

Zumboddy
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  07:36:11  
Hi -
I just changed my cc processor from one company to another - both of which are using Authorize.net.

When I run a transaction through our store, it does indeed go through (is approved by Auth.net) and offers the customer an initial "Order Summary" page (at url: https://accept.authorize.net/payment/payment) which displays a 'Continue' button. One this Continue button is hit, a message appears We are just waiting for confirmation of the status of your payment. Please be patient for just a few moments. ultimately it times out and gives the message: There was a timeout waiting for confirmation from the payment server. Please contact our customer service email for details about the status of your order.

This is, of course, confusing to the customer. I have been going through all the settings and I believe they are all set the same as the previous processor's were which worked successfully. Any idea what I may be doing wrong??

Help!

Tim Winn

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  10:31:35  
Hi Tim, they are most likely different check with the payment provider to confirm that the API Login ID is correct also its best to re-generate a new transaction key when changing payment providers. You would need to do that in the authorize.net account I believe its under security features, make sure you disable the old key in the Auth.net account prior to generating a new key.

quote:
I believe they are all set the same as the previous processor's

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

Zumboddy
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  10:42:19  
Thanks for the response, Sinbad.

I did apply new API Login ID, Transaction Key and MD5 Hash / Signature Key unique to the new account. And again, the transaction goes through successfully through Authorize.net, just ultimately don't get to the right 'thanks' page.

I will try getting new ones, to see if this helps.

Tim Winn

Zumboddy
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  11:01:41  
No change

Tim Winn

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  14:37:29  
Hi Tim
When you say both are using Authorize.net do you mean both are using Authorize.net simulation? If so, which one, that is AIM or SIM? On what URL is the customer stuck on? Is it the thanks.asp page or the wpconfirm.as page?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Zumboddy
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2019 :  06:38:53  
Vince -

Both the old and the new are using authorize.net in live mode. (Only the new account is currently connected, of course). As far as your question - AIM or SIM? Authorize says that it is whatever the software calls for. They do not set that - from what I am told.

The customer is left with the 'thanks' page with the message: There was a timeout waiting for confirmation from the payment server. Please contact our customer service email for details about the status of your order.
at https://www.my domain.com/thanks.asp?method=anethosted&ordid=6824&fp=03FF994277EDF6EF724D091ED26634F75CCD33855F0E256440C184C98792D96E37F5AF1B762E6E2FCCFE3B1047BF13699FBB2E2DBA9ACC325D9B9AEDD6B11F27

FYI - I did apply new API Login ID, Transaction Key and MD5 Hash / Signature Key unique to the new account with no change. Again, the transaction goes through successfully, it just does not then deliver the customer to the thanks.asp page successfully - timing out:
When I run a transaction through our store, it does indeed go through (is approved by Auth.net) and offers the customer an initial "Order Summary" page (at url: https://accept.authorize.net/payment/payment) which displays a 'Continue' button. One this Continue button is hit, a message appears We are just waiting for confirmation of the status of your payment. Please be patient for just a few moments. ultimately it times out and gives the message: There was a timeout waiting for confirmation from the payment server. Please contact our customer service email for details about the status of your order.

Thanks for your help!

Tim Winn

Zumboddy
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2019 :  06:58:12  
I think I figured it out! I hadn't applied the Webhooks to the new Authorize acct.
Just ran a transaction and it went well, so hopefully this is solved. Thanks for you help, though - my bad.

Tim Winn

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2019 :  09:24:32  
Hi Tim
I'm glad you've got that sorted and thanks for letting us know!

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000