ASP (Windows server) versions
 Custom Order Status Question
Author « Topic »  

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  07:54:52  
Hi, I've been using an order status of 'Waiting for Payment' which I created so I can keep track of incomplete orders in our web store. It's order Status 9 on the order status types page. This status is showing up in the sales stats as a completed order and skews my sales numbers as these are not completed sales, no payment has been made. Can I change this custom status to not reflect a sale?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  08:10:13  
I too use an awaiting payment status for orders where the customer wants to make a separate payment, or they load the cart, we put it in that status and then they come back at a later time, or mail a check, then we process the order after we receive payment.
But these are not too many orders, and if we don't get the payment soon, we just move them to cancelled. If the customers comes through with the payment after we have put it in cancelled, then it's still no problem to activate the order.

I have often thought, it would be nice if we could flag a status so it does not apply to our stats, but that's not currently a feature.

Edited by - dbdave on 08/26/2019 08:11:13

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  13:52:36  
Looking further into this I am hoping this can be addressed somehow. I've got a custom order type status 8: 'Refunded' and those are counted as sales as well. Is there some adjustment that can be made to the include.asp file that can take care of this? Maybe some options I am missing somewhere ?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  14:03:49  
Hi, no it's not a feature.
Why not dump refunded orders into cancelled status?

Perhaps if you want to make a post in the suggestions forum, I will add my request there as well.
Maybe others will want this and chime is as well.
If there is enough interest, it's possible that the developer might consider making it a feature.

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  14:18:43  
We need to keep track of all transactions regardless if they were refunded or not for a multitude of reasons.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000