Chris Rabig
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/06/2019 :  12:48:57  
Greetings,

I am new to ECT, and inherited a site that was already running it. When the site owner purchased the company, he had to change CC processors. Now, when you try to check out, ECT generates a message that the transaction is Unauthorized. No further information. I verified the API login and key with Authorize.net, and they are correct. Authorize.net is saying that the transactions are not even getting to them. That means the error is somewhere in ECT. I cannot find where any logs are that would have the error information in them.

HELP!?!

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2019 :  15:19:27  
Hi Chris
Could you let me know the URL of the site? If I can have a run through checkout that may give an indication of what the problem is.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Chris Rabig
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  08:43:10  
https://fairhopesoycandlecompany.com/ - Let me know what name you use in the checkout. The site owner has been trying to call the customers who fail to checkout. I will let him know that your transaction is just a test. Thank you.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  09:53:58  
Hi Chris, can you check that any urls that have been added in the authorize.net account are setup as https://fairhope... without the www.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

Chris Rabig
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/09/2019 :  10:58:39  
I checked with Authorize.net. Because we are using the (AIM) version, website information is not needed. Just the login ID and API key. I verified both were correct with them on the phone. They have no record of the failed transactions ever reaching their server, so it's dying in the shopping cart software. Unfortunately, the only message I'm getting on my end is Unauthorized. No clue what that means.

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2019 :  13:41:59  
Hi Chris
You are getting a response from Authorize.net and that is "Authentication Failed" so I think something is being sent to and being received from Auth.net. What I would do is this, try setting the following in your includes.asp file...
debugmode=TRUE
Then try a test transaction and you should get sent (to the admin email) an email with the XML request and response. Then armed with this, try contacting Auth.net again.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Chris Rabig
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/09/2019 :  14:24:50  
I have found two includes.asp files on the site. One is in the fsccadmin directory, and the other is in the vsadmin directory. Neither of them have a debug variable. Should I just add one in there?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10281 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2019 :  14:37:32  
Hi Chris, correct in that it will not be there. It needs to be added to the vsadmin/includes.asp file.
Once you get the email with the debug info, you can remove that parameter.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000