Author « Topic »  

matheny00
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
633 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/01/2019 :  09:11:34  
Ok before everyone tells me it does not work on windows 10 I know however I also know many people using it and can not figure out my issue. I am running win 10 32 gig ram 1t hard drive, .5 ssd and a .25 ssd drives 8 gig video card so I have all the power needed but it sucks.
The lag is horrible talking 1 - 2 minutes after doing just a simple code change.
Any ideas? Oh I am running it in win 7 compatibility mode and has the 2 patches plus did a reload to see if that helps.

Craig Matheny
LazerMmodels.com

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1177 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2019 :  11:29:50  
Hi Craig

I'm running DW CS6 on a W10 laptop which has 8 gig RAM and a Crucial SSD drive.

CS6 runs absolutely fine but when I do a code change it takes about 4 - 6 seconds to complete, which I can live with. But I do notice if the code is a largish chunk it can rumble on a little longer. I have heard that turning off Windows Application frame does improve lag issues

Steve
Manchester, UK

Using ECT since 2004

Edited by - 1818charlie on 10/01/2019 11:30:32

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2019 :  12:21:16  
Hi Craig, I'm not sure but I noticed a drag with cs6 in the last couple of weeks I'm thinking Microsoft may have updated something that is causing it. I did most of recommended things found on adobe site and it has helped a slight bit but shes not running as good as before. One thing I remember was Preferences > invisible elements > Server-side includes was checked and I've always had that un-checked. Also the tip here helped http://aldebaranwebdesign.com/blog/dreamweaver-cs6-running-slow-when-opening-files/

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

matheny00

USA
633 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/01/2019 :  13:33:34  
Thank you...

Steve.. How do you do this turning off Windows Application frame

Craig Matheny
LazerMmodels.com

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2019 :  14:54:59  
On a technical note, you may try running a Disk Cleanup on your computer. Too many cached thumbnails can slow things down. Also, I do not know if DW has a temporary folder where previous changes are kept like EW does. If it does, it is good to delete that now and then.

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

matheny00

USA
633 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/01/2019 :  19:31:38  
Marshall i do a weekly defrag and cleanup. This is a wierd issue im going to try some of the above ideas

Craig Matheny
LazerMmodels.com

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1177 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2019 :  03:50:34  
Hi Craig,

My apologies, the Windows Application frame applies to Adobe Illustrator, not DWCS6. I was incorrectly advised by by 'partner in crime'.

To narrow down the issue, & prevent wasting hours of frustration, if you have another computer running W10, I would install DWCS6 on to that.

Export the site from your current DW to a pen drive by going to the Site menu in DW go to Manage Sites then toward bottom left of the Manage Sites popup screen you will see 4 icons above the Import Site button. The far right of the four icons exports all the site files and settings https://v45.co.uk/dwcs6. Import to your 'new' W10 machine and see how it performs.

Steve
Manchester, UK

Using ECT since 2004
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000