Author « Topic »  

Marianna
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/02/2019 :  20:52:18  
Hi, everything was fine for a long time but now there is something wrong and a few links are not working. I called my hosting company and they checked everything on their end. Here's one of the links that isn't working https://www.goalimageryinstitute.com/proddetail.php?prod=Register_with_Only_%24150_to_Hold_Your_Spot_in_ICF-Accredited_Holistic_Life%2C_Career%2C_Executive_Coach_Training%C3%A2%E2%80%9E%C2%A2%21. When you go there, it says
"This page isn’t workingwww.goalimageryinstitute.com redirected you too many times.
Try clearing your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS"
I cleared my cookies and even tried it in incognito mode on chrome -- the same result. I also asked a few other people to check it on their computers -- the same result. This link is to my main course and I'm actively registering students right now! Can someone please help me? There is another link with the same issue (https://www.goalimageryinstitute.com/proddetail.php?prod=Invest_10_Weeks_into_Creating_Your_Personal_Brand_by_Infusing_WHO_You_are_into_What%C3%A2%E2%82%AC%E2%84%A2s_Most_Important_to_YOU.) But the course right next to it seems to be fine. (Also, a much smaller issue but still... I see some symbols next to the description words before you click on those links. Somehow, those 2 inks went funky but I didn't do anything in the shopping cart. I didn't login to it since my last post here which was months ago.) PLEASE HELP!

www.goalimagery.com
Life, Career & Executive Coach Training & Services

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2019 :  01:44:27  
Part of the problem may be the characters in the links

Invest 10 Weeks into Creating Your Personal Brand by Infusing WHO You are into What’s Most Important to YOU.

I assume ’ is suppose to be an apostrophe. Instead of What's, I suggest using What Is.

Register with Only $150 to Hold Your Spot in ICF-Accredited Holistic Life, Career, Executive Coach Trainingâ„¢!

And I have no idea what this is suppose to be â„¢! so I have no suggestion.

If you are using the product names for SEO friendly URLs, you really should avoid unusual characters. Your other choice would be to create static URLs for the products which can be SEO friendly and avoid unnecessary characters. For the first one you could use something like
"10-Weeks-To-Create-Your-Personal-Brand.php" Though I have to admit, I am not sure how static URLs work with the useprodname URLs. Regardless, just a suggestion.

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

Marianna
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/03/2019 :  06:20:04  
Thank you, Marshal, but those characters appeared when the problem appeared. I never typed them in and also don't have a clue what they mean or how they happened to be there.

www.goalimagery.com

Vince
Administrator

42464 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2019 :  06:26:33  
Is it possible that the character set of the website (or the database) changed? Those symbols that have appeared look like characters that are displaying incorrectly because they are from a different character set. Try asking your host if they changed anything to do with character sets on the website.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Marianna
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/03/2019 :  06:49:13  
I went into my admin panel, took out those symbols and it's working again. I still don't know what happened though...

www.goalimagery.com
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000