Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

coastalem

63 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/07/2019 :  11:37:09  
Hi, I am looking at the Felicity premium template and have a pre-sale Q.

Can I have the layout 2 product page as shown on the layout 2 selection when looking at the product page (two column with image on top of the info) http://www.wpect.com/prem-felicity/cool-sneakers.php

and then have layout 3 for the product Detail page (image on the side of description) like this example http://www.wpect.com/prem-felicity/drill-bit-arrow.php

I already have an ect store for .asp and looking too update.

I just like the image above on the prod page and on the side for the detail page and wondering if I can do that. Could that be controlled in the includes, or is that a hard template layout thing.

On last Q on the detail page link example: If I do leave/use that layout with the image on top, can the image NOT be so huge. I don't see any "enlarge" link in the demo store unless I am missing it. Right now the detail page on my site has a 200 x 200 image with a link to click to enlarge. Most of my existing "large" images are 600 to 700 pixels and I don't want to redo all my images to look good/not pixelated at a larger size as seen on this template example default because I am thinking it may cause that situation.

Can you talk a little more about this image size aspect of the Felicty premium template too.

Thank you in advance, Em

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2019 :  12:02:16  
Hi Em
Sure, I don't think mixing the layouts should be a problem at all. The CSS is divided into sections so all you would have to do is copy the section marked...
/* The product detail page
...from one CSS file to the other.

As for the image size, in the CSS there is a Maximum Width set but if the image is not greater than 100% of the available area (which it sounds like yours are not) then it will just be the actual size, and won't be pixelated.

Does that answer the questions?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

coastalem

63 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/07/2019 :  12:08:53  
Yes, EXCELLENT! Thank you, Em

coastalem

63 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/07/2019 :  12:45:59  
OK, I do have another Q.

My current ECT store is Ecommerce PlusASP v6.6.5

So, is this the procedure I need to follow:

Upgrade my existing store to the current "A new recommended version is available: v7.0.6" per my dashboard?

Then, purchase the Felicity Premium template. Is that already good for the v7.0.6? Or do I need to do something more in regard to compatibility with my existing store and the new template/database fields?

While I have already purchased add ons Mini CSS Widgets in the past, is the premium template come with that, or I just draw those template features from my already purchased Mini CSS Widgets.

I am getting ready to pull the trigger and just want to know what my initial steps are to go from my existing store to the new template.

I will deal with the rest of the setup once I get the new template installed. I think I will need to change some of my includes since my site has some different setup/display includes and I want the site to be more like the Felicity look then how I have the site now. But I should be able to figure that out on my own... For the most part:-)

Thank you in advance, Em

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2019 :  15:29:13  
Hi Em
Before I forget, if you already have a template license then you get a discount for the Premium Responsive Design as here...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/upgrades.asp
Yes, updating the current site to v7.0.6 sounds like a good idea. Make sure you have included the ectcart.css and ectcart.js files...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107040
The mini css widgets is included with the new template.
Make sure to take a backup of the site before you start.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000