WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 Errors on Cart page - changing from DW to WP
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2019 :  08:44:12  
I'm working on changing an ECT website which I created about 10 years ago in Dreamweaver to WordPress. This is a super busy store, so I'm making this change in an unusual way.

First - I created a new WordPress site on my own testing server; complete with a copy of the entire current live site, databases and all. I finished and fully tested that site on my servers.

Second - My client purchased their own VPS hosting and we had the current live site (not the new WordPress site) copied to their new server.

Third - I took a "Duplicator" copy of the new WP site and uploaded it to the new VPS hosting. Keep in mind this new VPS server is only using the "temp URL" and is not currently live - their OLD site, on my servers are running so that there will be no interruption in their business.

Fourth - I have modified my "hosts" file so that I can easily work on their new site on their VPS temp URL (this is why I can't give you a link).

OK...now the problem I having -- most things seem to be working and looking like I want them. However; when I try and add something to the cart, I'm getting this error message:

The following product isn't currently available in our store:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'mysqli' not found in /home/alkydigg/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php:14 Stack trace: #0 /home/alkydigg/public_html/vsadmin/shipservice.php(14): include() #1 {main} thrown in /home/alkydigg/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php on line 14

This is the contents of my db_conn_open.php -- usernames and passwords removed of course:

<?php

// You host should be able to provide you with these settings if you do not know them already

$db_username = "XXXXX"; // Your database login username
$db_password = "XXXXX"; // Your database login password
$db_name = "XXXXX"; // The name of the database you wish to use
$db_host = "localhost"; // The address of the database. Often this is localhost, but may be for example db.yoursite.com

//////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Please do not edit anything below this line. //
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

$GLOBALS['ectdatabase'] = new mysqli($db_host, $db_username, $db_password, $db_name);
if(mysqli_connect_error()){
ob_clean();
print '<html><head><title>Database connect error</title></head><body><div style="margin:20px;clear:both">Database Connect Error (' . mysqli_connect_errno() . ') ' . mysqli_connect_error() . '</div>';
print('<div style="margin:20px;clear:both">You need to set your database connection in vsadmin/db_conn_open.php</div>');
print '<div style="margin:20px;clear:both">For help setting your database connection please see...<br />';
print '<a href="http://www.ecommercetemplates.com/phphelp/ecommplus/instructions.asp#dbconn" target="_blank">http://www.ecommercetemplates.com/phphelp/ecommplus/instructions.asp#dbconn</a></div>';
print '<div style="margin:20px;clear:both">We also have a support forum here...<br />';
print '<a href="http://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/" target="_blank">http://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/</a></div>';
die('</body></html>');
}
?>

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2019 :  09:28:46  
Hi here is a similar post with the error Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'mysqli' not found in... have a look at that and see if it points you in the right direction.

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109147

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2019 :  09:41:45  
The answer seemed to be (according to the link you sent me to):

In case anyone else has similar issues, this problem was resolved by enabling PHP-FPM after upgrading to EasyApache4 / v2.8 apache and enabling php 5.6.

But, I thought ECT is compatible with PHP 7.xx?

The current site is running PHP version 7.1. The site the WP installation was copied (via Duplicator) from was also running PHP 7.1.

The ECT Version is Ecommerce Plus PHP v7.1.6

Edited by - JustDucky923 on 11/05/2019 09:54:11

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2019 :  09:51:35  
I'm also unable to login to the vsadmin. I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'mysqli' not found in /home/alkydigg/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php:14 Stack trace: #0 /home/alkydigg/public_html/vsadmin/admin.php(11): include() #1 {main} thrown in /home/alkydigg/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php on line 14

These errors seem to beaying that 'mysqli' is not found in db_conn_open.php on line 14 -- however; this is line 14 from the db_conn_open.php:

$GLOBALS['ectdatabase'] = new mysqli($db_host, $db_username, $db_password, $db_name);

Edited by - JustDucky923 on 11/05/2019 09:53:43

DLSS
ECT Moderator

Canada
3932 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2019 :  10:35:49  
The ECT cart is compatible for all the versions of PHP 7.xx

Mike Beebe
President,
DataLinks Software Solutions
www.dlss.ca

Rate Me Here

ASP and PHP mods - www.dlss.ca/products.asp
A Tremendous Home - www.ATremendousHome.com
Buy Cigars Online www.CigarSmokeShop.net

Edited by - DLSS on 11/05/2019 10:36:18

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2019 :  10:41:42  
I got fixed by enabling PHP-FPM. I was able to keep it at PHP version 7.1 and all seems to be working now.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2019 :  11:15:53  
Glad to hear that the link helped.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000