Getting Started and Pre-Sales
 Admin Login Not Working
Author « Topic »  

stevepope
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  12:35:45  
I am running 7.1.4. When I attempt to login to the admin, it refreshes and returns to the login page. No message. I've done some debugging and found that the username and password ($thashedpw) match exactly what's in the database. Just before the refresh in incdologin.php $success=1 but getpost('cook') is blank. It's the only post value that's not being passed from the login form. Can you please help with the login process?

Steve Pope

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10243 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  13:00:53  
You should contact your host and ask them to check the session variables on the server.

Thanks,
David

stevepope
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  18:03:47  
I talked to my server host (Bluehost). They made some changes and said all should be good. But now I can't test it because I'm getting "Login Disabled:
(Flood Control. Please wait 5 seconds between login attempts)". It doesn't seem to matter how long I wait, I continue to get this message. I've tried the password reset but it didn't help. Please help.

Steve Pope

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  23:43:34  
Hi Steve
Have you tried another browser to see if it works in, say, FireFox or Chrome? If that does work, try clearing the cache and cookies for this website. If that doesn't work, send the site FTP login to my email (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com) and I'll take a look.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2019 :  10:14:36  
Hi Steve
I had a look at this and I think the problem is the server is caching far to aggressively. I've put a couple of test pages on the server in cart/t.php and cart/t2.php and if you swap between the two you see the time doesn't change. If you hit refresh however it does as that forces a new page. Looking at the headers you have...
< Cache-Control: max-age=2592000
< Expires: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 18:07:39 GMT
Which means pages are cached for a month. What this means with dynamic sites you are not executing the pages but rather seeing an old version. Can you ask your host if they can sort that out, and then you will need to unblock the login page with this script...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/troubleshooting.asp#php6

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000