Author « Topic »  

bwilson72
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/29/2019 :  11:27:24  
I had previously successfully registered with UPS using the Registration Wizard and was able to receive my negotiated rates. I recently updated the store and received a message that I must register with UPS to get shipping rates. When I tried using the UPS Registration Wizard I keep the following "I'm sorry, there was an error, Error, couldn't connect to UPS server 403: (Forbidden)"

I have searched the forums for a solution and have not been able to find one that solved my problem.

Thank you.

Edited by - bwilson72 on 11/29/2019 11:46:17

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2019 :  12:56:53  
UPS now require TLS1.2 for connection and it looks like your server may be trying to connect with an older protocol. Can you send this to your host and see if there is anything they can do. It may depend on the server you are on however, can you also let us know which OS version your server has? (Ask your host if you are not sure.)

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

bwilson72
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/01/2019 :  14:21:52  
I checked with the host. The OS version is 2012 and the TLS 1.2 is active on the server.

I also ran the test:
"Testing URL: https://ipnpb.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
Result : INVALID
This is a good/correct result as it shows that communication with the PayPal server was successful and the transaction was of course rejected as invalid."

Brad

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2019 :  15:29:23  
Hi Brad
Can you check then with the host to see if they have a firewall that is blocking access to...
https://onlinetools.ups.com/webservices/Registration
If they say that is ok, can you send the site FTP login details to my email at vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com and I'll set up a test on the server.

Vince

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  01:08:26  
Hi Brad
There are 2 URL's used to connect to UPS in the cart, onlinetools.ups.com and www.ups.com and it seems that the former works but the latter doesn't where both work on other servers. So what I've done is move the registration system over to use the onlinetools URL and I believe this is the current recommendation by UPS anyway so I'll make that change in the cart. I've changed your registration page to use that now and you should be able to register ok. Can you give that a go and see if you get rates ok?

Vince

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  01:46:56  
Can I just point out though that this is nothing to do with the updater. If you are registered you should be able to get rates just fine. If you register and find you can't we can work that out too.

Vince

bwilson72
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  13:01:30  
Vince, Thank you for your assistance. I was able to register and get my negotiated rates. I am still building the cart and making changes. I don't doubt one of them unregistered me somewhere along the way. I didn't think the updater caused the issue, I just happened to notice after I had updated.

Thanks again.

Brad
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000