Author « Topic »  

pipeman
Advanced Member

USA
100 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  13:54:28  
I'm trying to add the side filter bar (2) to one of our sites either below or above my side menu where my products are listed and the code creates an error message. I've uploaded the incsidefilter file to vsadmin/inc online, as well as adding the code <?php include "vsadmin/inc/incsidefilter.php" ?> in my dwt file but still getting an error message.

Thanks

Jen

Vince
Administrator

42430 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  14:13:08  

pipeman
Advanced Member

USA
100 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  14:32:58  
Now in trying to re-create the error message, I cannot find it. Here's what I'm trying to do, or rather where I added the code: Since I use the main dwt file, which includes the code for the left menu and that area, I added it above my products code like this:
<?php include "vsadmin/inc/incsidefilter.php" ?>
<?php include "vsadmin/inc/incproducts.php" ?>

However, no side filter bar shows up. I cannot add the code to my products.php page because again, the dwt file is the formatting for the entire page. Thanks in advance.

Jen

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  15:04:40  
Hi Jen, in your .dwt file you can add a editable region just below the menu, this will allow you to add the filter bar to the product and search page directly.

<div class="left_space"> </div>

<!-- #BeginEditable "filterbar" -->

<!-- #EndEditable -->

</div>

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

pipeman
Advanced Member

USA
100 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/19/2019 :  12:05:51  
Hi,
I'm still having no luck adding this feature. I added it under the side menu and it's not appearing, and there is an error code here at the bottom: https://jetswetstore.com/categories.php
I haven't altered the incsidefilter file at all. Any suggestions? Also, I was hoping this feature could be in my side bar on every single page, not just on the search page or my products page. This would affect all of our sites if I wanted to use this feature with those as well.
Thanks!

Jen

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2019 :  13:24:55  
Hi, the side filter does not work on the categories page. You will want to use it on the products page.
https://jetswetstore.com/products.php is where you should see it once you get it added to that page.

pipeman
Advanced Member

USA
100 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/19/2019 :  14:23:54  
OK, thanks for responding. So do you have a product filter bar for php that would work on every page or an index (home) page?

Jen

Vince
Administrator

42430 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2019 :  14:29:19  
Hi Jen
The idea of the side filter is to filter the products that are on the products page. If there are no products displaying then the side filter doesn't have a lot of point. If you wanted to display products on the home page though then you could use the side filter, yes.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000