Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2020 :  09:56:37  
One of my clients has thousands of products in their store. They sell racing car parts and do a great deal of sales each year. Their issue is that when searching on their individual products, their competitors are coming up way ahead of them in search engines.

I know their are a LOT of disreputable SEO companies out there, and I'm sure there are some very good ones.

Does any one have any suggestions? I'm looking both for specific suggestions on the site itself and also for good companies out there that can really deliver what they promise?

Here is the site: https://www.alkydigger.net/

Thanks!!

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2020 :  10:17:27  
We are with Grow Team.
The research various SEO companies and only work with a select handful who follow strict rules.
It's not cheap, but they are the real deal. They will connect you with the right company.
Tell them David @ Trophykits send them

https://www.growteam.com/

David

Paradise
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1602 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/14/2020 :  11:30:07  
You can start by adding relevant titles on the product pages.

https://www.alkydigger.net/categories.php?cat=7 (Home » MECHANICAL INJECTION MANIFOLDS - HILBORN-ENDERLE » Chevrolet)

<title>[red]Shopping cart and checkout for Alkydigger - Alkydigger[/red]</title>

Also, the descriptions are not formed correctly:

<meta name="description" content="

MECHANICAL STACK INJECTIONS 

HILBORN-ENDERLE

THROTTLE BODY INJECTORS

SPRINT CAR-DRAG CAR-ROAD RACE

ACCUFAB 

">

Mark
Responsive Design Deals Ecomm Plus - ASP 6.8
www.paradiseclothingco.com

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2020 :  12:55:57  
Mark is right.
Most of the work my SEO company is doing involves carefully worded meta title and description tags.
Although they have special tools to generate this wording and after 6 months now, we are seeing an uptick in organic growth.

I dropped my PLA spending with google down from 150k/yr to about half of that.
I am spending 2k/mo with a SEO company via Grow Team, and I get a monthly conference call with updates.
I created a secondary admin for them to log into, and I set the parameter to be notified when there is a login on that admin, so I see every week that they are consistently coming in and working on my site.
I am starting to see results, so I think it's worth it.

David

Edited by - dbdave on 02/14/2020 12:56:44

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2020 :  18:08:25  
Good SEO work is not cheap. I know as I do it. It is very time consuming as Dave pointed out and you need someone who is dedicated. But before you start spending big bucks, I suggest you take advantage of some of the built-in SEO features the cart has like dynamic page titles and meta descriptions. I cannot tell you how many sites do not do this. Even better is using the optional page title and meta description fields in the product admin rather than just pulling the information from the page. The big advantage to doing that is you can use the most important elements from your long description as space for meta description is limited. But most important, do not spam the page title and meta description as it will only hurt you. Try to make each one unique even if it is only changing say a dimension or weight or color and so on from a "boiler plate" description. And finally, do not copy verbatim a manufacturer's or supplier's description. You have to be unique to stand above the rest.

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2020 :  19:02:57  
Good stuff Marshall.
I just hopped in to add this link https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/search-engine-friendly.asp
There you you will find setup instructions for features Marshall mentioned.

Thanks,
David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000