Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  09:28:45  
I'm moving a site originally created in Dreamweaver to WordPress. The ECT database is in a different folder (it was originally placed in a subfolder called "store"). What is the best way to handle that moving forward?

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  09:40:55  
Was this a asp site with access database that you are converting?

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  09:49:43  
No, php with MySQL database.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  10:36:38  
Hi the database is setup in mySQL and resides on host database server it can be access via phpmyadmin its not in a folder like with microssoft access. So you should be able to use the db_conn_open.php as it is if the new site is going to be on the same server. If not using the same hosting account post back here and let ECT know.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  11:57:53  
When I created the site originally I put the entire "store" section (vsadmin, cart.php, categories.php, etc) of the website into a separate sub folder called "store". How can I now connect that with the WordPress site. My first thought is it would be one of two ways:

Add /store/ to all includes - for instance: <?php include "vsadmin/inc/inccart.php";?> would become <?php include "/store/vsadmin/inc/inccart.php";?>

The problem I see with that, is that it might be easy to miss something.

The other option would be to simply move all the files that are currently in the "store" folder to the main folder where the WP files reside.

Is there any problem with moving those files?

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2020 :  03:32:05  
I do apologize, JustDucky as it's been a few days since you asked this. But no, there shouldn't be any problem with moving the files to the root and that would be the way to go. But you would have to repair any site relative links that are currently pointing to /store/xxx to just /xxx.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2020 :  09:13:38  
I moved the files and now I can't log into WordPress and when I try to visit /vsadmin - I get this error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_query() in /home/ericbika/public_html/vsadmin/inc/incfunctions.php:1809 Stack trace: #0 /home/ericbika/public_html/vsadmin/inc/incfunctions.php(63): ect_query('SELECT adminEma...') #1 /home/ericbika/public_html/vsadmin/inc/incloginfunctions.php(21): getadminsettings() #2 /home/ericbika/public_html/vsadmin/admin.php(15): include('/home/ericbika/...') #3 {main} thrown in /home/ericbika/public_html/vsadmin/inc/incfunctions.php on line 1809

This is line 1809 from incfunctions.php:

$ectretval=@$GLOBALS['ectdatabase']?$GLOBALS['ectdatabase']->query($ectsql):mysql_query($ectsql);

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2020 :  09:56:43  
Do you have your database connection set in vsadmin/db_conn_open.php ? If you do have this set (as you would have done before) then you wouldn't get this error...
> Call to undefined function mysql_query()
This function is only used if you are not using a mySQLi connection and that is decided by what is in the vsadmin/db_conn_open.php file. Can you check that file on your server as something seems to have messed up there in the move.
You are only moving the ECT store from the subfolder to the root, no? You haven't done anything to the wordpress installation, no? So what error / problem do you get trying to log in to wordpress?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2020 :  10:10:22  
That was it!! I had the old version - not the new WP version.

You are the best! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you all being here and all that you do.

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2020 :  13:25:39  
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000