Design issues
 Authorize.Net API?
Author « Topic »  

pschneider
Advanced Member

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2020 :  20:25:57  
Authorize.net contacted me. They say if we use AIM/SIM APIs or Simple Checkout, they highly encourage us to upgrade our website or payment solution to use the current Authorize.Net API. If not, we could miss updates and incur fees.
Does this apply to us, since we have applied the latest Ecommerce Templates upgrade?
Thanks.
Paul Schneider Jr.
www.AG-USA.net
www.Max-Well.net

Paul Schneider Jr

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2020 :  03:38:09  
Hi Paul
With the new updates we support the new Authorize.net API's yes. If you were previously using the AIM method then the new API is automatically used and you don't need to do anything.
If you were previously using SIM then you will need to make a change to use the new Accept Hosted method. Go to the admin payment providers page for SIM and you will see the select menu option there for Accept Hosted. Then have a look at the set instructions here as you will need to get a Signare Key...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/phphelp/ecommplus/authorizenet.asp

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

pschneider
Advanced Member

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2020 :  13:26:21  
Thank you. Yes, I was previously using the AIM method.
Blessings.
Paul

Paul Schneider Jr

Dermontti
Advanced Member

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  09:07:24  
Hi, I have a follow up question. I'm currently using AIM, but have not updated our site in a little while. When I do an update to a newer version, such as 7.1.9 or 7.2.2, does this change from using Authorize.net AIM (Advanced Integration Method) to the Authorize.net API? If I don't change any settings in my admin, does that just start using the newer scheme when I update?

I am a little confused by the naming in admin. When I poke around in the ect demo store, the choices are Authorize.net SIM and AIM. Do I pick AIM in admin, even though it's not AIM, but using the new Authorize.net API?

This support page:
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/ecommplus/authorizenet.asp
Only really describes SIM and AIM. It doesn't really say much about AIM vs. the Authorize.net API, as described here as two separate things:
https://developer.authorize.net/api/upgrade_guide.html

Thanks!

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  10:01:40  
Hi Dermontti
quote:
If I don't change any settings in my admin, does that just start using the newer scheme when I update?
Yes, that's right. If you update the automatically you will start using the new Authorize.net API method.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000