Shipper Issues after Updating to 7.2.2
Author « Topic »  

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  09:41:21  
I just applied the ASP 7.2.2 Updater. I am now receiving this message under Delivery Estimator on the first page of the cart.asp

"There seems to be a problem connecting to the shipping rates server. Please wait a few moments and refresh your browser, or try a different shipping carrier.
Destination country code missing or invalid"

I am also receiving these messages next to the following Shippers:

FedEx: "There are no methods available for your shipping destination."
UPS: "56 is not a valid state for the specified shipment."

I haven't made any changes to my shipper (I currently use USPS, FedEx and UPS). Everything was working fine prior to the new updater.

What done gone wrong?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10272 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  10:06:29  
That does sound quite odd.
I would start by applying the updater again.
Be sure to transfer all files and run the updatestore.asp script in your browser and report back with the results.

Thanks,
David

Edited by - dbdave on 04/26/2020 10:06:43

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  10:27:21  
I have re-applied the updater. I applied all files this time, as opposed the changed files listed in the ASP Updater forum. The shipping seems to be working now.

However, I am receiving this message when applying updatestore.asp

"Checking for pSchemaType in table products

Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server error '80040e2f'

Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK__payprovi__C6775B4E45DB3CE5'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'usafleet.payprovider'. The duplicate key value is (29).

/updatestore.asp, line 5384"

Vince
Administrator

42462 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2020 :  04:08:53  
If anyone else is having this problem it was due to a problem in the updatestore.asp script which has been fixed now. Just get a new copy of the updater and it should work fine.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2020 :  04:19:52  
I am having an issue with the USPS shipping calculator. I have a customer in Australia that has purchased from us several times and now we can't get USPS to work for her order. It says "There are no methods available for your shipping destination."

I just upgraded to version Ecommerce PlusASP v7.2.2 and it still does not work.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kelley

Vince
Administrator

42462 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2020 :  07:15:28  
Hi Kelley
Can you go to the admin shipping methods page and make sure that the relevant international shipping methods haven't been disabled. If that doesn't help can you send me the site FTP login to my email (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com) and I'll have a look what is up.

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2020 :  08:43:30  
Done! :)

Vince
Administrator

42462 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  01:36:18  
Hi Kelley
So I tried a test order for some boots with an Australian address and seemed to get USPS rates for both priority and express just fine. Can you let me know the details, ie destination zip and products that cause this problem?
I noticed while I was there that you have the css/ectcart.css after the css/style.css file and this is why some of your buttons are the default blue while others are the olive color of the site. Really the ectcart.css file should come first as this is the base styles of the site that are then overwritten by your site stylesheet if you wish.

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  08:16:53  
Hi Vince,

The Australian address that isn't working is: Katherine, Northern Territory 0850 Australia

However, this same customer has used this address successfully in the past but the order was fewer items. I'm wondering if the box size has anything to do with it. I have the parameters set to "Pack products together" for the shipping calculations. It will calculate UPS just fine, it's the USPS that fails.

Kelley

P.S. Thanks for the css tip - I'll get that changed.

Vince
Administrator

42462 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  08:29:04  
Hi Kelley
The box size more than likely does have something to do with this. What products were in the package?
Have you tried the splitpackat parameter?
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/ecommplus/parameters.asp#split

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  09:14:55  
We're shipping hats so the boxes are quite large. I do have the split parameter in my includes.asp file set to 70 but that's only weight, not size/dimensions. Is there another way to do that, or do I just need to change the main settings to "Pack products separately"?

Kelley

Vince
Administrator

42462 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  10:05:23  
Hi Kelley
How about just setting the hats to "pack separately exempt" (in the admin products page under the exemptions.) That way you won't affect all the products, just the really bulky, light ones.

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  12:38:26  
Hi Vince,

I wasn't aware you could do that!

Thanks,
Kelley

Cfb5319
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  14:56:53  
My customers have apparently been getting this message "There are no methods available for your shipping destination." since this weekend. I tried to purchase something also and get the same message. This was with a 6.xxx setup. I just updated to the latest and it does the same thing. I'm PHP.

Vince
Administrator

42462 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  04:48:22  
Hi there
The first thing to do is go to the shipping methods admin page and make sure you have the shipping methods checked that should be. If that doesn't help, can you send the site FTP login details to my email (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com) along with details necessary to recreate this.

Vince

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000