Changed php scripting version, website FAILED
Author « Topic »  

Neil
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  08:24:22  
Hi,

I have been happily running my site with php 5.6. My host is now charging extra for legacy support for this version. Just this week I have finished building a new site using the latest Outdoors responsive design. I have also successfully run the updater on my original database. All was working well so I thought that I would update the php on my server to a later version. The version offered by my host was either 7.2 or 7.3.. Updating has broken the site and there is no response from any of the new pages or the admin panel. Strangely the old pages, which I have not yet deleted from the site and were html rather than php, are still visible.

Can anybody help with this or explain what has happened.

Neil B

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  09:56:11  
Hi Neil
Sorry to hear about the problems but take a look at this post and hopefully the solution is here...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107737

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Neil
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  10:01:20  
Hi Vince,

Thanks for the link. Meal time here, so I,all try the solution in about an hour.

Neil B

Neil
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  11:34:55  
Hi Vince,

Fed and watered I have followed the instructions in the link that you gave me.
1. Saved original vsadmin/includes.php and dbconopen.php to new folder.
2. The first and last lines of includes.php were as described in the post, so no changes needed.
3. In db_con_open.php Made the changes by copy & paste from the code posted by Andy.
4. Uploaded the above

This has not solved the problem.

In one screenshot you can see the blank screen returned on calling the homepage. In the next you can see the error returned when attempting admin login.

Oh, Insert image doesn't seem to work. Adminlogin error pasted below.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_query() in /home/hp3-linc5-nfs1-w/210/1720210/user/htdocs/vsadmin/inc/incfunctions.php:1809 Stack trace: #0 /home/hp3-linc5-nfs1-w/210/1720210/user/htdocs/vsadmin/inc/incfunctions.php(63): ect_query('SELECT adminEma...') #1 /home/hp3-linc5-nfs1-w/210/1720210/user/htdocs/vsadmin/inc/incloginfunctions.php(21): getadminsettings() #2 /home/hp3-linc5-nfs1-w/210/1720210/user/htdocs/vsadmin/login.php(17): include('/home/hp3-linc5...') #3 {main} thrown in /home/hp3-linc5-nfs1-w/210/1720210/user/htdocs/vsadmin/inc/incfunctions.php on line 1809

Not sure if that helps, but I'm still stuck.

Neil B

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  11:38:03  
Hi Neil
quote:
Call to undefined function mysql_query()
This is the error you will get if you have not made the changes in the db_conn_open.php file. Is it possible that you haven't uploaded the changes to the correct location for instance?

All the best

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Neil
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  11:45:01  
Hi Vince,

You are correct, something wrong with my methodology. I repeated the exercise and uploaded again and everything is working now.

Many thanks for your excellent and speedy help as always.

Regards

Neil B

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2020 :  03:01:56  
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000