Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2020 :  14:20:33  
We want to have a product on our website that isn't listed under any category, but can be accessed by anyone (not restricted by login level) with a link.

A buggy workaround I've found is to assign it to a new category then delete that category so it's an orphan. This means it won't show up in the All Products or by a search. Is there a proper way to do this?
It's nearly perfect, except that
1) It says "Top Section Deleted" on the product page instead of the breadcrumb links, and
2) You can't edit the product now without assigning it to a new to-be-deleted category (A popup says 'Please select a value from the field "Section"' and won't let you continue.)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by - Fingertech on 05/21/2020 14:20:54

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10290 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2020 :  15:11:42  
That's interesting. I was looking to do something (similar) some time back and played around with some ideas.
I will need to check one of my dev sites to see if I still have anything related to that.

I wanted customers to be able to try "coupon" in the product search and get a result they would click to take them to a specific page on the website.
I have found (using google analytics) that people to type these words in the product search occasionally.

The similarity to what you want is that I don't want to have customers drilling down in categories and come across these.

David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000