Off topic, News and Updates
 Upcoming Features - Quickbooks
Author « Topic »  

Vince
Administrator

Spain
42451 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2020 :  11:10:10  
We're currently working on integrating with Quickbooks Online and will let you all know when we have more details about release dates.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2022 :  08:04:25  
I know this is an old topic - can anyone tell me if there has ever been an integration with QuickBooks? I have a client who is asking for this.

Thanks!

Crystal
Advanced Member

222 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  01:42:49  
Yes, I'm curious about this too. In the US, Quickbooks Payments is one of the only relatively easy and affordable ways to receive electronic e-checks ACH direct bank transfer. Other providers like PayPal allow for e-checks but end up charging so much that you may as well just use credit cards and it defeats the whole point of doing it. It would be great if Quickbooks Payments could be used as a payment provider with ecommerce templates.

Edited by - Crystal on 02/03/2022 01:43:55

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1179 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  07:05:18  
It's a little ironic that this has popped up as I was thinking about this only yesterday after a long time client mentioned that sometime before end of March '23 they will need to be using some accounting package. Their accountants have mentioned Quickbooks as an option & it does seem a very popular choice.

Some form of accounting system would be a good addition to the ECT platform.

Steve
Bolton Lancashire

Vince
Administrator

42451 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  07:21:29  
I'm really sorry but the Quickbooks integration got shelved in the end as it was impossible to work with taxes and I couldn't get anywhere with their support. I will pick it up again one day and maybe they have updated their API.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1179 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  07:35:41  
Cheers Vince

Steve
Bolton Lancashire

Crystal
Advanced Member

222 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  07:37:33  
Thanks for your response, Vince. You guys have an incredible software. I am always impressed by how many features you do keep adding.

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  07:58:16  
Thanks for the update!

In searching around the site, I see that one thing that is recommended is CartSpan for integrating with Quickbooks. Has anyone tried this method? I'd be interested in hearing any positive or negative feedback. My client is moving to Quickbooks with the next few months and if they can't find a solution, they will be looking to replace ECT completely.

Thanks,

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10258 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  08:24:01  
we use t-hub to connect to quickbooks.

David

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  09:01:27  
I took a quick look at this link for t-hub: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/app/apps/appdetails/thub/en-us/

The reviews are terrible. Have you been using if for long and had good luck with them. It sounds like there is basically no tech support for it. My client needs a fair amount of hand holding.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10258 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  09:04:29  
Once it's setup and working, it works quite well.
It's low cost and works fine for us to pull orders into quickbooks We do not use it for any other functions.
Just accounting for tax purposes.

Thanks,
David

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
460 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/17/2022 :  07:39:25  
Years ago, our CPA convinced us to discard the bad QuickBooks integration software we were using, and to forget importing individual transactions into QuickBooks.

Instead, we create QuickBooks entries dated the last day of each month to match the few top-line totals (like Payments received, Payment fees, and Refunds sent) reported for the month by our payment processor PayPal.

We also concluded that QuickBooks is useless for managing our builds and inventory; instead we use an Excel spreadsheet that imports transactions from the cart, summarizes builds and components used per month, reports component PO requirements, and so on.

We copy-and-paste the monthly usage of each component into QuickBooks as an Inventory Adjustment, and QuickBooks calculates the monthly COGS using data from past POs.

Originally we started with a very simple spreadsheet, and then expanded it with additional forecasting and reports as needed.

Using this process we're able to close our books promptly at the end of each month.

Our big frustration with Intuit is that our QuickBooks Pro 2016 Desktop version worked fine, but they repeatedly disable the software and with each forced, paid update (now sold as a 12-month "QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus 2022" subscription) more the basic features always seem to break. :-(

Edited by - pauld on 03/17/2022 07:44:56
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000