Search Engines & Marketing
 Google Page Experience ranking factor - 2021
Author « Topic »  

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1177 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2020 :  09:35:47  
I'm one for not tolerating crap websites (excuse my Queens English, I'm from the North West ), and I'm soon out of the door if it's deemed as such. I agree with Google that page experience should be a ranking factor.

In 2021 big changes are in store for anyone running a website, as Google plans to make page experience a factor in its ranking algorithm.

At the end of May the page experience update was announced in Google’s Webmaster Central Blog. This will see seven main factors taken into account by the search engine to determine if users will have a positive or negative experience on a web page.

https://searchengineland.com/the-google-page-experience-update-user-experience-to-become-a-google-ranking-factor-335252

From this Google document https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/page-experience 'While page experience is important, Google still seeks to rank pages with the best information overall, even if the page experience is subpar.'

So, how subpar of an experience does a user have to tolerate to access the best information overall & will Google only tolerate so much subpar before subpar becomes more important than best information overall?

What one thinks is best information another may think as dross! Then again we have to jump to Google tune, don't we? What do you think as subpar website content and what 'features' have you exiting a website?

Steve

Bolton Lancashire England

Edited by - 1818charlie on 06/14/2020 09:50:34

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2020 :  03:43:07  
It seemed at first glance as if this was going to be some kind of subjective method of deciding if pages are badly designed, full of flashing GIF's and gaudy colours etc, but really it seems to be a collection of factors that are already taken into account like load time, HTTPS, mobile friendly. And then adding ideas like the content not jumping around the page and not having ads that block portions of the page. It's good to keep it all in mind though as, like you say, we all have to do what Google dictates.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000