Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

Terry Paulhus
Ecommerce Template Expert

Canada
543 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2020 :  08:14:07  
I have been using the Froala editor for a while now but really haven't been that happy with it. It likes to inject it's own codes and can't really connect to my server properly. I went to download the ckeditor... and noticed the last date updated was 2012. Is there a reason for this? I think there is ver 5 out there....

So my questions would be

1. Is Froala a better solution for this cart?
2. Can I install the latest ckeditor? Or do I need to stick with the one you have on your downloads?
3. Are there other options?

Terry (Redsei)

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2020 :  09:44:14  
ckeditor was terrible about bloating your code.
Things like this

<span style="color:red;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-weight:bold;">Some text</span></span></span>

I mean I have seen this to an extreme level with ckeditor. Yes it renders, but editing the html in your descriptions becomes a nightmare.

Froala is amazing at formatting html in my experience. If it's not working for you, we should investigate why. I am not understanding what about the server is stopping it from working. Can you elaborate more on that?

Thanks,
David

Terry Paulhus

Canada
543 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2020 :  09:46:24  
Thanks for that info David....

What I meant about the server is at points I tried to browse to grab an image.... and after a bit it would freak out and say it had an error

Terry (Redsei)

Terry Paulhus

Canada
543 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2020 :  09:47:24  
The use of templates appeals to me as well... take a lot of the jumping around to find the right look from other products...

Terry (Redsei)
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000