Off topic, News and Updates
 Cause of frustration sorted - it's mi index finger
Author « Topic »  

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1177 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2020 :  06:56:54  
I am right handed & ever since touch screens came on the scene I have always had issues with the screen reacting to touch. Usually it's the responsive menu & it's dropdown items, they just refuse to react most of the time, very hit & miss; ie the smaller tap points on a screen. As that is usually where one starts off on visiting most websites for myself it was instant frustration

Tapping the larger stuff usually reacts straight away, but not always. I think most people will use their index finger, unless it's absent, I always do, well did until yesterday's discovery

I can tell you that it's been a real point of frustration as when I'm in company no one has the issue I do. The looks & comments that I've had have been numerous to say the least. I can use someone else's device & straight away the problem shows & the owner will say 'That never happens when I'm using it!' Vice versa on my device(s), all works fine when someone else uses it, until I start tapping away &, Voila!, nil respondo

The good news is I now know why only I have a problem, & if anyone reading this has / knows anyone with the same / similar issue then it's worth noting. Have they ever had finger trauma?

This stems back to 1996 when I had a slight accident with a power planer which skimmed my right index finger tip, thus leaving my 'touch point' flatter & the skin slightly harder. I can prod away with any other digit & the screens react every time

Steve

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2020 :  10:34:25  
I have to say, Steve, that that sounds like it could have been a lot worse with the power planer. I'm glad the only problem it seems to cause is with touch screens!

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000