Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

RJB
Ecommerce Template Expert

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2020 :  13:58:24  
Hi, I have set up a new 'articles' category as a 'Home Category' and the breadcrumb shows 'Top Section Deleted'. I noticed that another one of my other 'Home Categories' is also showing 'Top Section Deleted'. I'm not sure if it was like this before I updated to 7.2. I have tried deleting and replacing these categories, but the result is the same. Any idea how to fix this?

Richard.

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2020 :  15:23:11  
Hi Richard
Do you have any of the categories set as the category root?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

RJB

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2020 :  15:29:54  
Hi Vince, I have a 'Products' category which is the product root. The categories showing 'Top Section Deleted' are set as 'Home Categories' rather than sub-categories of 'Products'.

Richard.

ITZAP
Ecommerce Template Guru

Australia
1010 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2020 :  19:20:04  
This "Top Section Deleted" issue has existed for a very long time now.

It stems from creating a Category named (as Richard has done) "Products" or (as I always do) "Categories" and ticking the box "Check to make this category the product catalog root".

That makes the original "Home Category" obsolete. But now, when you next create a new category and open the "Sub Category Of:" drop-down menu, notice that the option to assign your new category to "Home Category" still exists, whereas I suggest it should definitely not.

That right there is the problem. If you do assign any category to be a sub-category of "Home Category" (an easy trap to fall into), well then the the breadcrumb nav will show "Top Section Deleted".

In the Suggestion Forum there is a topic titled Root Category Name and Description improvements >>

Gary

RJB

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2020 :  06:18:39  
Hi Gary,

Thank you for your reply. I use the 'Home Category' to add pages such as 'Articles' to my navigation menu without showing as a product category under 'Products'. Instead of 'Top section deleted' I would like a 'Home' link to the index page. I'm not sure if this is how it is intended to be used?..

Richard.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000