Suggestions - NOT QUESTIONS
 Figuring out tracking numbers
Author « Topic »  

Dermontti
Advanced Member

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  11:49:19  
On clientlogin.asp, there's a section where you can view your order history. There's a function getcarrierfromtrack() that get's called to generate a link at which you can track the shipment. That function looks like it does some kind of matching to determine who the carrier is based on the format of the tracking number.

For us it seems to not quite function correctly. We've in the past shipped an order to Switzerland via USPS, and were given the tracking number LM985319605US. If I plug this into the USPS website, it correctly gives me info indicating it was delivered in Switzerland, but this getcarrierfromtrack() function matches this number to Canada Post, generating a link to what I think must be a completely different package.

We're hoping that future cart updates can update that function to more accurately generate the tracking links.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  12:11:29  
If anyone here can provide example Canada post tracking numbers, it might be helpful.

Thanks,
David

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  12:13:43  
Thanks for pointing this out Dave and Dermontti and I've fixed this and updated the incfunctions.asp/php file in the updater.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  12:29:19  
Well how do you like that for first class support...

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  13:37:50  
quote:
Well how do you like that for first class support...

Love it! It takes me longer to lace my boots, mind you it takes me longer doing most things these days

Steve
Egerton Village, Bolton, UK
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000