Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  14:03:12  
Is there a way to have the Terms and Conditions window automatically pop up during check out vs. allowing the customer to bypass it and just check the box that they agree to the terms and conditions. 99% of my products are digital downloads, but I continuously have customers finish checking out, then later want a refund because they thought they were buying a physical product. Even my product titles say "PDF DOWNLOAD" but they don't seem to read that.

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  02:56:33  
Hi Sharon
Would the best thing be to modify some of the text on checkout to warn about this? For instance changing the text...
Please enter your customer details.
...to maybe...
Please enter your customer details.
Please note you will receive a PDF download . . . no physical goods will be sent.
If that seems the way to go then add this to your includes.php file...

$GLOBALS['xxCstDtl']='Please enter your customer details.<p style="font-weight:bold;color:#FF0000;font-size:16px">Please note you will receive a PDF download . . . no physical goods will be sent.</p>';

...adjusting as necessary for the style you require.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  06:30:58  
Vince - thanks for that suggestion. I took it but instead adapted it to the Terms & Conditions language as follows ...

$GLOBALS['xxTermsCo']='<div>CLICK HERE to accept our Terms and Conditions.</div><p style="font-weight:bold;color:#FF0000;font-size:13px">PLEASE NOTE: The majority of our products are digital downloads and you will need to self-download the PDF file after checkout . . . no physical goods will be sent NOR refunds given for digital products.</p> <span class="ectsmallnote">To review our complete Terms and Conditions, please <a class="ectlink" href="javascript:showtermsandconds();">CLICK HERE</a>.</span>';

Do you see any problems in doing it this way instead?

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  11:48:22  
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000