Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  14:09:29  
Want to know if other parameters can be used for looking up order status on the orderstatus.asp page. Some customers are not getting their confirmation emails and do not know their order ID. For instance, can the order be looked up via Last Name and zip code? Last name and email? Thank you.

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  14:16:05  
Yes, you can search via email address, ZIP product name / ID, address, phone number etc in the orders admin. See image below. If some customers are not receiving their order confirmations then first thing is ask them to check their Junk, Trash, Spam folders

Steve
Egerton Village, Bolton, UK

Edited by - 1818charlie on 11/11/2020 14:22:29

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  14:32:17  
Hi, I was speaking of the customer when they visit the orderstatus.asp page. It asks them to look up their order using OrderID and email address. Would like to know if different variables can be asked for, like Last Name and zip code instead.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10290 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  14:36:27  
Hi, no that's not possible on the order status page.

Thanks,
David

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  07:46:23  
Hi, reviving this topic.

I'm looking for someone to make us a custom orderstatus page.

We need to offer the customer other ways of looking up their order with or without the order number.

If the customer never receives their order confirmation email because of junk email, spam folder, wrong email address entered or a host of other possibilities, the standard order status page will cause additional phone calls, texts, chats and further emails from customers.

If anyone can do this please contact me. Thank you.

Edited by - xxcfdrr on 08/04/2021 07:47:20

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2021 :  08:55:05  
An alternative to providing the Order Status Page would be to set the parameter to force customers to create an account. If customers have an account then they will have access to all their orders there, regardless of receiving the email. Would that work for you? The parameter is...

forceclientlogin=TRUE

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2021 :  11:19:55  
I can't even get the customers to enter their email address in correctly, requiring them to create an account would probably cause another problem.

kelleymoore
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2021 :  06:31:42  
Hi,

This is an issue for us, as well. I've thought about adding more text to the order status page to encourage customers that don't know their Order ID number to create a customer account. This would be a good idea IF the customer account, being created AFTER the order was submitted, would show up in their customer account automatically. However, it's been my experience with this scenario, that we have to manually go into the customer's account and under Order Management, click on "Link to Account" to get it to list as an order so the customer can see it.

Kelley

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2021 :  06:57:38  
quote:
I can't even get the customers to enter their email address in correctly

Sadly you have zero control over those types of people. I see this all the time with many customers I deal with. How those types manage to get out of bed is beyond me!

Steve
Bolton Lancashire

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10290 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2021 :  07:22:59  
quote:
I can't even get the customers to enter their email address in correctly

This was a big problem for me too, until I started using the email verification (2nd entry) and it's completely gone away for the most part.
There are solutions available if you want to use them.

David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.01 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000