Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  05:04:03  
Hi there,

I am implementing the "global site tag" Google Tracking code and I am using the dwt templates main.dwt file:

So using the dwt template i can insert the below code to every page

(1)

<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Ads: ********* --> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=AW-**********"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'AW-**********'); </script>

The last part of this is to add the event snippet below to the "thanks.php" page, which will qualify each conversion:

(2)

<!-- Event snippet for Website traffic conversion page --> <script> gtag('event', 'conversion', {'send_to': 'AW-***********/VidJCO_noeUBEL2YiI8C'}); </script>

However if i add this line above (2) under neath the line (1) above, the twt template I am editing to add this line on the thanks page, it detaches from the main.dwt page, does this mean I am going to have to add this line manually every time I make updates to pages through the main.dwt?

Jason

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  07:34:25  
Part 2 there, you do not want to add it via the DWT file, but rather add it to the individual page, in an editable region. If there is not an editable region in the footer of your pages already, you will want to create one.

Thanks,
David

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  14:40:56  
Hi Dave, this worked perfectly.

Thanks

Jason
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000